The Student Room Group

Getting into a law degree with these A-levels?!?!

Hopefully applying for a law degree this year with these a-levels and predictions:

Maths - A*
Further Maths - B
IT - A

Would those be enough to apply for law degrees, such as Birmingham, Kent, Glasgow?
Reply 1
I know that Uni of Brum asks for 3 As, but if you get that A*, they might be willing to accept you if you do well in the LNAT and interviews
Reply 2
But like, aren't these choices a bit weird for law?
Reply 3
In Glasgow you'll get a scottish law degree, that's not valid in England unless you do a 1 year conversion course (ballache and expensive since you have to pay out of your own pocket!). I applied to Edinburgh and despite meeting the entry was rejected. Most law degrees are AAA and don't specify alevels that you MUST take - as long as you outline your passion for law in your personal statement you should be fine! Perhaps take up some extra-cirricular activities that related to law e.g a mock trial? Have you considered Newcastle or Leeds? I applied for both - great cities with class nightlife and ranked highly! I just got into Newcastle, it was AAA but they let me in with A*AAB so I reckon you'd be fine if you applied :smile:

From previous personal experience it doesn't matter what subjects you do as long as you can link the skills you learn doing the subjects to the skills you need to study law eg analysing informations etc.

Good luck!

Quick Reply