The Student Room Group

What do you think :S

Ok people. After the whole 'to drop or not to drop' thing, I chose to keep Philosophy and drop English. Now I am worrying I have made the wrong choice, cuz both our Philosophy teachers seem rather rubbish. They've both got degrees in Philosophy so they know their stuff but I don't think they know the course...and their teaching methods seem a bit :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

I would be fine with teaching myself the course, I'm just worried that, if the teachers don't really know the course - like how to do well in coursework, the exam, and the synoptic unit, then I won't be able to do so well. What do you think? How much difference will it make?

So far I have got an A - 278/300 I thiiiiiink. I need a very high C to get an A this year...do you think it will be ok if the teachers don't have a clue?????????

Thanks xxxxxxxx
Reply 1
The teachers won't make that much of a difference - my philosophy teacher only taught us the bare minimum on revelation because in his own words "it's all a bunch of crap" - ie he thought it wasn't interesting, but 5 out of 8 of us still got As. What matters is that you're interested in it, can consider it analytically and that you enjoy studying it. If you only need a C then you shouldn't have a problem. However if you are doubtful or think the teachers may prevent you enjoying it then take english as well and drop one later if you're unsure. I took the AQA combined english and I liked the A2 a lot better than AS

Latest

Trending

Trending