The Student Room Group

Free certified online courses such as those from vision2learn

Hi

Having recently graduated i am still in the tedious process of job searching. Whilst this is going on i completed a business and admin level 2 course with vision2learn. As far as i am aware they are the only online place doing proper level 2/3 qualifications with recognized certificates.

Are there any other websites that do a similar thing that is totally free as although the courses by openlearn and coursera are interesting they serve no purpose in strengthing my CV

Thanks
Are these accredited/looked upon well by employers? Or if I put such a qualification on my CV would it just look like a joke?
Reply 2
Original post by starburst92
Are these accredited/looked upon well by employers? Or if I put such a qualification on my CV would it just look like a joke?

In short no vision2learn is the only place i know who doesn't, These are fully accredited courses NCFE awarding body courses. When you start the course you are enrolled into a UK college of which you never have to attend but have use of should you require it. Once the course is completed you receive a proper NCFE Certificate of which nowhere states the course was online based simply just the name of the college of which you were enrolled. So to answer your question employers will simply see it as any other level 2/3 course you would have completed in a college and be none the wiser.
Reply 3
Try Coursera.
Each course takes 10 weeks - with an exam every few weeks I think. They're accredited by universities like Harvard!

I was recommended these by a colleague who said they're really good.

Edit:nevermind , just saw you'd already mentioned Coursera 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Pipsico
Try Coursera.
Each course takes 10 weeks - with an exam every few weeks I think. They're accredited by universities like Harvard!

I was recommended these by a colleague who said they're really good.

Edit:nevermind , just saw you'd already mentioned Coursera 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello can you give me more information about this?

can I do this while going university?
Does this require bank details?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Trustno1
Hello can you give me more information about this?

can I do this while going university?
Does this require bank details?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't really say much about it as I haven't done it, but my colleague has and says it's great. It's completely free, online lectures and exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you thought about future learn, they are short courses,
Reply 7
Original post by jpowis123
Have you thought about future learn, they are short courses,

Hi yes i have completed a future learn course before but they ain't properly accredited and recognised by employers just like coursera

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending