The Student Room Group

Should i get my paper remarked?

Hey,

In my English Literature and Language paper i gained 3 marks off an A. I spoke to my teacher who said there was not much point from getting it re-marked, however i'm just wondering what sort of impact it would make for the universities on conditional offers.

I recieved AABC at AS levels, and i was thinking a AAA would be much more impressive and uni's would be more likely to make an offer if they saw i gained 3 As, is this the case? Or do they look at marks too?

If you think you should have got an a then get it remarked. Otherwise your AS results are very good anyway and shouldn't disadvantage you for most universities. Where are you thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by student261
If you think you should have got an a then get it remarked. Otherwise your AS results are very good anyway and shouldn't disadvantage you for most universities. Where are you thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bristol and Leeds are my preferences, But i really like the prospect of studying American law and Law at UEA!
Reply 3
I think it is worth getting it remarked, i have had papers go up 2 grade boundaries! I'm not saying that will happen but you won't lose much from getting it remarked, you never know!
Original post by OwennB
Hey,

In my English Literature and Language paper i gained 3 marks off an A. I spoke to my teacher who said there was not much point from getting it re-marked, however i'm just wondering what sort of impact it would make for the universities on conditional offers.

I recieved AABC at AS levels, and i was thinking a AAA would be much more impressive and uni's would be more likely to make an offer if they saw i gained 3 As, is this the case? Or do they look at marks too?

Universities (with a couple of exceptions) will care most about your predicted grades - and you will easily be predicted at least AAA with those AS levels. There's very little point in a remark as you can still easily get an A at A level.
Reply 5
Original post by LeFailFish
Universities (with a couple of exceptions) will care most about your predicted grades - and you will easily be predicted at least AAA with those AS levels. There's very little point in a remark as you can still easily get an A at A level.

pfft, interesting that i was originally predicted BCCD! Better not happen again, i worked my *** off to get those grades! :wink:
Do you have any preferred Uni's?
Original post by OwennB
pfft, interesting that i was originally predicted BCCD! Better not happen again, i worked my *** off to get those grades! :wink:
Do you have any preferred Uni's?

Personally, I'm planning on applying to Sheffield, Queens and Imperial... but different universities suit different people so it's likely that others will appeal to you. There are lots of great universities out there!

Quick Reply

Latest