The Student Room Group

CompSci GCSE grades?

What are 'average' GCSE grades like for people studying computer science at uni.

I thought it might be a bit of fun to post your GCSE grades and the uni you are studying CompSci at.
Reply 1
Original post by RG110man
What are 'average' GCSE grades like for people studying computer science at uni.

I thought it might be a bit of fun to post your GCSE grades and the uni you are studying CompSci at.

A*A*A*A*AAAAAB + C in fsmq which we do not speak of. :colondollar:
Reply 2
What uni do you study at?
A*AAAABBBBCD- dissapointing
But got A*A*A* at alevel and going to start a MENG Compsci degree at Warwick in October
Reply 4
Original post by letsplayray
But got A*A*A* at alevel and going to start a MENG Compsci degree at Warwick in October

Similar GCSE grades to what I'm expecting. I'm expecting A*A*A*AAAAAABC. Hoping to get similar A levels to you as well. (at least A*A*A)! Hopefully in 3 years time I'll be off to Durham or Warwick!
Similar GCSE grades to what I'm expecting. I'm expecting A*A*A*AAAAAABC. Hoping to get similar A levels to you as well. (at least A*A*A)! Hopefully in 3 years time I'll be off to Durham or Warwick!

yeah man good luck, just put in all that hard work now and it will pay off!

Same here I'm going to Warwick as well this October for MENG Computer Science:tongue:

I got A*A*A*A*A*AAABC (although one A* was in short course ICT) at GCSE and A*A*A*A at A-level

A word of advice do well in your AS Levels I don't know about people in schools on the mainland but my year people think AS-levels are time to be slack and do whatever they want. DO NOT RELY ON REPEATS, these mess up you're revision for A2 exams. I know a person who repeated lots of his AS results but thereby his A-levels results suffered as I was sure he was capable of at least one A* but he got straight A's - still good I know but he could have done better if he had of nailed the AS-level first time around.

I personally think it was because of my AS-Level results I was offered a place even without an interview or test. BTW I got AAAA in my AS-Levels
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
What uni do you study at?

Bath - I got five offers including Imperial and got A*A*A at A2.
Original post by jashfield730
Same here I'm going to Warwick as well this October for MENG Computer Science:tongue:

I got A*A*A*A*A*AAABC (although one A* was in short course ICT) at GCSE and A*A*A*A at A-level

Ah nice one look forward to meeting you! Have you done anything in prep for the course? and do you have any reading lists by chance? - would like to start buying the books asap lol
Reply 9
Looks like my predicted grades are fairly similar to everybody else's grades in the thread. I'm expecting:
Maths: A*
English Language:A*
English literature: B
Biology:A
Chemistry:A
Physics:A
History:A*
Music:A*
ICT: A
Religious studies: C (already done a year early)

That gives me 4A*'s, 5A's, 1B, 1C

I'd like to study at A level: Maths, Further Maths, Computing, Physics(AS)

Provided I get good enough grades in my a levels. Eg A*,A,A or above I presume this should be good enough to study at a university such as Warwick,Durham,Manchester,Birmingham etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah nice one look forward to meeting you! Have you done anything in prep for the course? and do you have any reading lists by chance? - would like to start buying the books asap lol

I have looked at java programming a bit there are plenty of pdf books on java and some of the pdf books are on warwicks reading list here. I don't know about buying books though u might be better off waiting till u get there- Until your course teacher tells you the books you will really need, just my thoughts anyways.

Btw fix your post by adding "" (no quotes) to the end of my quote :smile:
Looks like my predicted grades are fairly similar to everybody else's grades in the thread. I'm expecting:
Maths: A*
English Language:A*
English literature: B
Biology:A
Chemistry:A
Physics:A
History:A*
Music:A*
ICT: A
Religious studies: C (already done a year early)

That gives me 4A*'s, 5A's, 1B, 1C

I'd like to study at A level: Maths, Further Maths, Computing, Physics(AS)

Provided I get good enough grades in my a levels. Eg A*,A,A or above I presume this should be good enough to study at a university such as Warwick,Durham,Manchester,Birmingham etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes AAA should be good enough to get into the unis u mentioned above. Although some like warwick wanted me to get A*AA (A* in maths) if I didn't have FM but I did so the grades I needed were AAA

Quick Reply

Latest