The Student Room Group

How to save my space at uni....my retake

HI,

I've got two retake exams coming up, and I am not confident about it at all- I need to pass them both to get into the next year.

What can I do if say...*don't want to type it* but I do not get what I need?
What can I say to my university that could possibly allow me to go into the next academic year? I sound sly but ah. I am revising like crazy right now. But I just do not feel confident. I wasted my time during my summer doing irrelevant things and family stuff/personal stuff and nonsense. So if you've got any ideas- do write to me.

PS- i was diagnosed with anxiety years ago. I was going to tell my uni that, but I kind of didn't want my 'business' being out and about. Would that maybe help? Although, I asked my department and they said I need to pass both exams in order to pass. Hmm.
Original post by smallsvill123
HI,

I've got two retake exams coming up, and I am not confident about it at all- I need to pass them both to get into the next year.

What can I say to my university that could possibly allow me to go into the next academic year? I sound sly but ah. I am revising like crazy right now. But I just do not feel confident. I wasted my time during my summer doing irrelevant things and family stuff/personal stuff and nonsense. So if you've got any ideas- do write to me.

PS- i was diagnosed with anxiety years ago. I was going to tell my uni that, but I kind of didn't want my 'business' being out and about. Would that maybe help? Although, I asked my department and they said I need to pass both exams in order to pass. Hmm.

I'm afraid there is nothing you can say that will let the university take you if you do not pass. It's far too late now to declare extenuating circumstances now as they will see it as an excuse.
Reply 2
Original post by smallsvill123
HI,

Usually for mitigating circumstances (depending on the Uni) they unfortunately don't accept the form from students who suffer from anxiety and depression, as that was what needed to be stated to them long before exams hit, usually during the beginning of the year and yes just like was said before, they would see it as an excuse.
Also unfortunately there would be no way for u to try and convince them to allow u to pass, because from what u said it seems like these modules are non compensaitable and u would need to pass them to move on.

I would advise u to study as much as u can until the exam date. All u need is 40% to pass, so make sure u feel confident enough with some questions. If u really want to pass to next year, use this as ur motivation and to fight the anxiety u have at the moment, focus on passing the year, not on what will happen if u fail.
Listen to some calm music (YouTube studymusic), have a warm drink and study with that, if u know what u want to do after ur course this should help to keep u going as well. Focus on ur goal not on negativities. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending