The Student Room Group

How many times have you got a detention at school?

Scroll to see replies

Never unless you count whole class detentions, in which case it'd probably be about 10.
I only ever got detentions of teachers i didn't like because i would just constantly argue with them. Probably my biggest punishment was being suspended for a week because i used to steal loads of bacon sandwiches from the canteen and hide them in my bag, then i would sell them to other kids for cheaper than the canteen. I was a little entrepreneur, made around £30 a week from it :colone:
I never had a detention, although one time a teacher sent me out for being late (despite me having a legitimate reason for it).

He was new as well so I didn't really like him after that.
dear god, if I had a pound for every time I've been made to litter pick on the field as lunchtime detention, I'd drop everything and move to the Bahamas. No questions asked. Just move.
Original post by AlphaDog0127
I totally forgot about the tortures of doing cross country in school -_- We were made to do it out in the park and down a road as well as the school grounds so everyone would see us. Teacher would scream at us if we didn't want to do it, we ended up doing the Michael McIntyre style skip, complete with twirls, all the way because it was a hell of a lot easier than running lol and we got told we'd have to stay after school to do it again until we did it "properly".

I was forced onto the cross country team! :frown:
Why does it sound like you're from my old school because that is what happened to me too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonokay
I was forced onto the cross country team! :frown:
Why does it sound like you're from my old school because that is what happened to me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think all PE teachers have it ingrained in them... to make cross country as miserable as possible whilst yelling at you as you are forced to run laps in miserable British weather. Thankfully there was no team at my school :biggrin: We were meant to wear a set PE kit too, which was a t shirt and shorts... if you complained you were cold and could you put a sweatshirt on they'd just yell more saying that it's not cold (whilst they wear about 10 layers of clothes) and to run faster to warm up, which never worked, your legs would just burn from the cold :unimpressed: I don't know about other schools but at mine it was as if PE didn't stick to the timetable on purpose, the bell would go then you'd have to sprint back to the changing rooms and try and get changed and then get yelled at by the next teacher for being late to their class. I haven't had PE like that since I left middle school... I thought I had forgotten the horrors. You have brought those memories back :cry:
Original post by AlphaDog0127
I think all PE teachers have it ingrained in them... to make cross country as miserable as possible whilst yelling at you as you are forced to run laps in miserable British weather. Thankfully there was no team at my school :biggrin: We were meant to wear a set PE kit too, which was a t shirt and shorts... if you complained you were cold and could you put a sweatshirt on they'd just yell more saying that it's not cold (whilst they wear about 10 layers of clothes) and to run faster to warm up, which never worked, your legs would just burn from the cold :unimpressed: I don't know about other schools but at mine it was as if PE didn't stick to the timetable on purpose, the bell would go then you'd have to sprint back to the changing rooms and try and get changed and then get yelled at by the next teacher for being late to their class. I haven't had PE like that since I left middle school... I thought I had forgotten the horrors. You have brought those memories back :cry:

Omg this. It sounds like my school
No joke
And I'm so sorry hun :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Autistic Merit
What is wagging?

Skipping lessons.
Only once.

At the back of our sports hall there is a large storage room. After a session of badminton some guys were kicking about a basketball (yes, a basketball) in the room. I walk in just as someone kicks the ball and it bounces off a wall. I volley the ball straight up as hard as I can and there is this massive popping sound. The entire storage room (it's pretty big) goes pitch black and we all get showered with tiny glass pieces. Oh that was not a good day at all...

In terms of the detention I had to stay after school for 1 and a half hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two break time detentions. Number one was for not doing homework, and the second was for being late for class.......I was late because the teacher from detention one wouldn't let me go at the right time :rolleyes:
Original post by RFowler
Why? What was it all about exactly?

He made very rude comments about my weight (he'd done so several times before) then said I had "stick legs" so I kicked him. It started from there.

He was ugly and fat so had no say on others bodies in terms of attractiveness. No one does.
Original post by Nadine_08
Which was your worst? What was it for?
Also, have you ever had a negative phone call home?

Got it once in year 7. it was whole class detention. :colondollar::rolleyes:
atleast 2-3 a week usually, calmed down in year 11. used to always get phone calls home too.

i didnt go to like 50% of my detentions though. i was excluded for a month also.

good times
None. Partly through luck.
I've had 4!! First year at secondary school and only been there for 4 months guess it's not too bad. Worst they have only been 5 min, 10 min, 15 min and 25 min. The 25 min one was wiv my friend cuz we were running round the restricted corridors and got caught 😂😂
I've never had a detention but I believe I am being given one tomorrow because I didn't do the homework. I am in year 9 and I've lasted this long, pretty good to be honest.
I never got one ever because I was a good kid.

Okay I'll concede I got issued one once but I managed to talk my way out of it.
I'm in Yr 11 as well
(edited 6 years ago)
I've never had one until tomorrow I was set homework about 1 week ago which was due in yesterday. So my teacher is going to set me a detention tomorrow. It's at break, but that's 40 minutes long. I'm in year 9 so I think 13 years of my life with 1 detention is pretty good going.
So many times I got excluded in 2ndary to a referral unit where I finished my gcse's and later got re-instituted to a mainstream college for A-levels :bigsmile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending