The Student Room Group

[EMBARRASSING CONTENT] I was brandished a racist because at school because ....

.... Because I don't want to date black girls.

I know it might be a bit prejudice, but I just can't date black girls any more.

I dated a black girl for 3 years before, and I found it too much of a hassle. So my sexual attraction for black women has dropped systematically ... does that make me a bad person?

I know plenty of women who don't want to date Indian men for some reason ... but I wouldn't call that racism, I would call that preference.

If I don't want to date gay men ... it's because I'm not attracted to them (=preference), not because I'm homophobic.

Was I in the wrong. I got bullied at school because of it, and it's really getting me down lately.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

I dated a black girl for 3 years before, and I found it too much of a hassle. So my sexual attraction for black women has dropped systematically ... does that make me a bad person?

I know plenty of women who don't want to date Indian men for some reason ... but I wouldn't call that racism, I would call that preference.

If I don't want to date gay men ... it's because I'm not attracted to them (=preference), not because I'm homophobic.

Was I in the wrong. I got bullied at school because of it, and it's really getting me down lately.

God how many times are we going to have this discussion on here? Zzz
Reply 2
Original post by ldsbabe
God how many times are we going to have this discussion on here? Zzz

Why bother answering this if you aren't going to give TSR a intelligent answer?
Reply 3
Why bother answering this if you aren't going to give TSR a intelligent answer?

There are intelligent answers on TSR?
Reply 4
Original post by ldsbabe
There are intelligent answers on TSR?

Why do I even bother ... :rolleyes:

"Too much of a hassle". I'm interested to know why :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by cassicles
"Too much of a hassle". I'm interested to know why :smile:

Well, in my personal experience, they have been too loud and lippy for me to handle - but again that's just me.

I like the quiet type of girls, the cute if you will.
Well, in my personal experience, they have been too loud and lippy for me to handle - but again that's just me.

Well of course it's your own preference, we all like different things but

a) you don't need to tell everyone about it because guarantee people will get hurt and

b) Not all black girls are loud and lippy, that's just a personality trait and can be found in all races. Not all white girls like Ugg boots and say 'i can't even' all the time, I don't say nor like either. Point is being a race doesn't mean you automatically act in a given way.
Reply 8
You must have been vocal about something like that to have been bullied because of it...

Or have you declined the advances of so many black women, that people now just assume you're a racist?
I have a pretty positive view of Black women tbh, but whilst I fully accept the fact you don't have to date Black women, I don't understand why you would feel the need to share this.

For some reason I feel compelled to give you an answer although ime usually on TSR to read the comments lol:tongue: and no one seems to be giving you a proper answer.

My honest opinion is that you can date whoever you want, its your life. You never need anyone's opinion on what colour underwear to put on everyday so why do they feel compelled to tell you which colour person you should date. The truth is OP people always going to have an opinion about something and they are always gonna talk and you will never be able to satisfy everyone. So you might as well live your life and do what makes you happy.

I am not saying that people's words wont hurt but you gotta learn to not make it your priority. You do not have to have an agenda for your dating life. I personally think its incredibly rude when someone seems to think that they can dictate how someone else should live their lives. Next time they say anything to you just ask them something along the lines of '' is your life so boring and meaningless that in order for you to have any satisfaction that you must tell someone who will never do a thing for you who they should be swapping saliva with?''

If you like non-black women fine, if you do come across one that you like and you wanna date her fine. Personally when it comes to dating I prefer to get to know the person because of who they are beneath that thin layer of skin, no matter if they are melanin deficient or not! lol, cuz you might never know what you might miss out on.
Anyways op all the best!

From a black girl :wink:

It's not your fault... as you said, it's all down to preference. I'm only usually attracted to white guys, it's not racist - it's just the environment I grew up in and my personal preference.

I suppose I kinda get where you're coming from, certain things about my ex have put me off men similar to him for life. Not his skin colour, but certainly the kind of family he came from, his mannerisms and also somethings about his physical appearance now repulse me in other men - it's not their fault 'cause I'm sure they're really nice, but it's how I feel.

That said, not all black girls are a 'hassle' (I assume you mean quite feisty and independent by that) - I think that's more down to the area they've been brought up in.
(edited 9 years ago)

Well yes that is prejudice.... not preference because there are alot of quiet black girls

Nobody told you to try them all anyways :rolleyes:
Original post by tmase
You must have been vocal about something like that to have been bullied because of it...

Or have you declined the advances of so many black women, that people now just assume you're a racist?

A lot of black women have asked me out, or approached me on nights out. I usually either don't say anything, tell them I'm in a relationship or make it seem like I'm not interested.
You can't make sweeping statements about black girls based upon the girls YOU may have dated and met.

Frankly, it's silly and insulting to the black girls who are not 'lippy'. Such statements are the reason you were (let's say incorrectly) called racist.
Are you going around telling people you don't want to date black girls at school? Can't see how else it would be common knowledge.
Reply 16
It's fine.

Now leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Ok cool. That's it?

Nope, not racist, if it's just down to your own physical preferences.

Nevermind :rolleyes: Now it's racist.
Original post by 99DeadBaboons
Nope, not racist, if it's just down to your own physical preferences.

Nevermind :rolleyes: Now it's racist.

The ones I have known ... i.e not all of them ... not racism by that logic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending