The Student Room Group

Cults on Campus

Please be warned that a Cult calling themselves The Freedom Church ARE TARGETING freshers . They seek vulnerable students away from home to join their cult. Whom plan global domination yes crazy but that is cults for you. They use the tactic love bombing the we are all happy routine to draw you in and young girls are a prime target to get the boys in. You will be invited to meetings but will end up paying to be indoctrinated by them and you will loose your friends etc . We lost a loved one from there contact at Swansea Uni and now all ties have been cut and they plan to marry.
Please be warned and report them to the UNI. THEY ARE AFTER YOU AND YOUR MONEY THATS WHY THE DO NOT RECRUIT ON COUNCIL ESTATES AS PEOPLE WITH BENEFITS CAN NOT PAY BUT YOUNG VULNERABLE FRESHERS HAVE ACCESS TO FUNDS.
My posts have been removed in the past it seems they have a Freedom on campus but to warn you I do not.

Scroll to see replies

They seem ok..
Reply 2
Sorry to hear that maybe you are one of them and this is an attempt to reply as they have not once come on here to reply to any of the postings against them. Yes as you say they seem ok but go and study cults and the way they operate and you will see the difference and danger. Ask yourself why are they recruiting on campuses and freshers young vulnerable people away from home and whom have access to certain finances. Look at their web sites and you will see you will pay thousands to be indoctrinated at their base in Hereford . No degree at the end just sent out to do there bidding and married off in the deal. They charge you for seminars or the funky spin names they put on them . Knowing other normal religions they do not do this at all. They state you can leave if you wish but imagine they are there every day on campus etc it is not as easy as it sounds. I have been contacted by others whom have lost some one to this cult and the mo has been the same as we lost our family member they become distant and change in personality . As the leader of the cult said they are their family and they will take over where the parents left off. Sadly we thought university Swansea in our case was a safe enviroment but we have endured alot of pain and lost some one we love to these people. You do what you see fit but if you want to help poor people in far flung countries join Oxfam or the Red Cross whom will not take control of you. If you wish to give yourself to god belong to one of the religions whom will not want you for money etc. You look at the web sites smiley young girls whom have no idea of life on twitter the say they love the leader whom has just toured the uk be honest what do we know at a certain age. What ever path in life you choose I hope you have a safe one but please these are any thing but ok.
Reply 3
if there are who I think they are I saw a thing about them on vice and it did look dodgy
Reply 4
What the hell did I just read? :lolwut:
The ****? O.o
Some kids were dropped on their heads several times and I guess this is the result
Reply 7
Original post by Paul126
Please be warned that a Cult calling themselves The Freedom Church ARE TARGETING freshers . They seek vulnerable students away from home to join their cult. Whom plan global domination yes crazy but that is cults for you. They use the tactic love bombing the we are all happy routine to draw you in and young girls are a prime target to get the boys in. You will be invited to meetings but will end up paying to be indoctrinated by them and you will loose your friends etc . We lost a loved one from there contact at Swansea Uni and now all ties have been cut and they plan to marry.
Please be warned and report them to the UNI. THEY ARE AFTER YOU AND YOUR MONEY THATS WHY THE DO NOT RECRUIT ON COUNCIL ESTATES AS PEOPLE WITH BENEFITS CAN NOT PAY BUT YOUNG VULNERABLE FRESHERS HAVE ACCESS TO FUNDS.
My posts have been removed in the past it seems they have a Freedom on campus but to warn you I do not.

Do you want to join my group of friends? it's full of young girls, and you seem like the perfect candidate
Reply 8
You guys and girls have your whole life ahead of you and honestly do not understand what certain groups will do to make them seem the answer to your problems. I see you have locked on to the mention of young girls. Well it did get your attention and by young I mean freshers age etc. When you grow up and become a parent and realize that the world is not sugar coated you may look back and understand. Please feel free to join this group as you may have the freedom of choice at this moment in your life. But first look into them go on twitter and see the comments of these poor impressionable young women followers stating their love for a guy whom has just preached to them. Study cults and their practices and know what you are getting yourself into unlike most who join cults unknowingly and pay a heavy price as we have in losing a member of our family to this group all contact severed and they now plan to marry. Good luck.
There's loads of cults on campus. The Christian Society, the Islamic Society, the Hindu Society, etc. They're everywhere.
Reply 10
There are other religions on campus not cults the ones you have named are religions whom some can trace their beginnings back thousands of years. Being young and not fully understanding is not a sin. Referring to the religious bodies you have named they do not charge you fees to join them at their place of worship. The Freedom church will charge to stay at their Hereford camp for board and you must buy your own food and then pay a few grand to attend meetings to be indoctrinated in their way of thinking. No degree at the end of you just are confirmed a senior member and are sent out to recruit others money well spent. They will guide you on how to get loans etc to pay them being the caring helpful cult they are. The other religion you named last time I looked into it they were free to attend and if you wished to become a Muslim ,Hindu or Christian guess what it was free. At the end of the day its your choice if you want to give your life to god and not cost you the earth join one you have brought to the debate or the Catholics. But if you want to join a cult that is your prerogative but naming those you did as cults forgive me clarifies you have minimal knowledge of religions and cults. Please go and study both and then make your decision. Others have contacted me regarding the Freedom Church and how they have lost some one to them, all Iam trying to explain to young vulnerable students is to understand what you are getting into joining these people you will make your choice at the end.
Original post by Paul126
There are other religions on campus not cults the ones you have named are religions whom some can trace their beginnings back thousands of years. Being young and not fully understanding is not a sin. Referring to the religious bodies you have named they do not charge you fees to join them at their place of worship. The Freedom church will charge to stay at their Hereford camp for board and you must buy your own food and then pay a few grand to attend meetings to be indoctrinated in their way of thinking. No degree at the end of you just are confirmed a senior member and are sent out to recruit others money well spent. They will guide you on how to get loans etc to pay them being the caring helpful cult they are. The other religion you named last time I looked into it they were free to attend and if you wished to become a Muslim ,Hindu or Christian guess what it was free. At the end of the day its your choice if you want to give your life to god and not cost you the earth join one you have brought to the debate or the Catholics. But if you want to join a cult that is your prerogative but naming those you did as cults forgive me clarifies you have minimal knowledge of religions and cults. Please go and study both and then make your decision. Others have contacted me regarding the Freedom Church and how they have lost some one to them, all Iam trying to explain to young vulnerable students is to understand what you are getting into joining these people you will make your choice at the end.

Paul I have see it happen so on knows it goes on thak you for bringing it to the attention of everyone on here.
Reply 12
I hope they have a Westboro baptist church society.
Reply 13
I'm really sorry for your family's pain. And thanks for bringing this issue to attention - I hope at least some freshers will take it seriously and be aware.
Reply 14
We know that they would not be allowed to hold meetings on Swansea Campus this year september 2014 as the University realised what they are but they are still active in other Universities so more action is required to stop them approaching the Freshers and vulnerable students. What they do off campus the Uni has no control over but they must be removed from campuses. At least this will give some a chance of not falling into there clutches. The Universities have a duty of care to all students on campuses and these cults must be removed as they poise a danger to students.
(edited 9 years ago)
there are lots of unpleasant organisations which prey on idealistic youngsters starting Uni... thanks for flagging up this one Paul.
My favourite people to see at the entrance, when walking into uni, are the Marxist society.
Reply 17
Dear Paul126,

If you have any real concerns, I would like to personally invite you to attend one of our events. The door stays open so you can leave at any time, and it's free to come in. Just be warned, we send round an offering basket, same as any other church but giving is 100% optional, and I believe the tea costs 50p. It's good tea though =)

I'm sorry to hear that you lost contact with a family member. I pray that you can reconnect soon.

Have an awesome week all!
I don't know anything about this church, but I've been to many churches including some very evangelical ones. There's a grey area between "normal" churches and cults. Some I have been to show some sign of cultishness - discouraging contact with non-believers, not allowing questioning of church finances or leadership or decision making, believing the world would end in 2000 and so on.

Paul - your message would be clearer if you wrote in paragraphs.
Money is another key thing when checking for culty behaviour.

Many churches will exhort their members to "tithe" or donate to them. To an extent, this is fair enough as there are legitimate costs to running a church. But always find out exactly where the money goes, down to the last penny. Demand open accounts.

If you don't want to give them money, the leaders may say "But God / the Bible says you must". Again this may be true. But if you say "well I give to this charity as I think it will do more good in the world" they should be satisfied. If not, and they suggest they should get the money instead...another tick in the cult box.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending