The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 1
I'm staying in Bridges and I'm studying BSc Science with a Foundation Year. So, yeah, I think I fit your bill!

Edit: "Posts: 777" - I am God.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
im also at bridges doing pharmacy
Reply 3
Hey i just phoned up and im at bridges

thank god ive got somewhere sorted

Im doin pharmacy as well

I herd that there are some single sex corridors
Can someone tell me if the whole hall is single sex?

... i dont really want that but lets just say i wud spend more time studyin if it was.
Reply 4
well im living there and im a girl
Reply 5
Farahk3
well im living there and im a girl

well im very glad the whole hall is not all lads.
Are there seperate corridors for women and men.
I hope not but im sure i read somewhere that there are single sex areas to live
Reply 6
yer single sex corridors

i hope ive got a washbasin! lol
Reply 7
I hope I've got a washbasin too, as I have OCD and washing my hands is a very common occurrence!

I don't really want to live in a single-sex corridor, though.
Reply 8
Single Sex corrdors
That mean although there are men and women there the corridors are single sex? O well at least everyone can meet up in the common room etc.

but wot about if you wanted a "friend" of the opposite sex to stay over?!?! lol
Reply 9
My girlfriend will be staying the night in my dorm. End of. If any religious people staying in my corridor have a problem with that, they can kindly shove it. :wink:
Reply 10
haha

i think single sex just means guys and girls dont have to share bathrooms

i reckon you can have people in your rooms of other sex- we are old enough to do what we want! i hope we can have the other sex in our rooms lol!
Reply 11
I hope we can have sex in our rooms...
Reply 12
fitza003
haha

i reckon you can have people in your rooms of other sex- we are old enough to do what we want! i hope we can have the other sex in our rooms lol!

Haha I hope so. 18 and still being told girls ahave to stay away from eachother? Pfft.
Reply 13
hey im a girl and im going to be in bridges. is anyone doing anything artsy? im doing english n classics.
I'm in Bridges too. Not doing anything arty though.

EDIT: I'm doing Psychology though Fitza and most call that a science :wink:
fitza003

Yeah thats all it means so you guys dont have to worry! I was in Bridges last year and had my (ex) girlfriend come and stay quite often and no-one seemed to mind...
Reply 16
Ya, I'm going to Bridges too. :biggrin:

I think I remember reading most of the catered rooms have washbasins apparently.

I'm doing Information Technology....anyone else at bridges doing anything computer related? :yo-less:
Reply 17
I lived in bridges last year and personally know most of the JCRC there. I suggest that you all get to know/love Chris, the JCRC president.
With regards to the rooms. Most catered rooms have hand basins although not all. There are some single sex corridors however there are also some mixed with separate male and female bathrooms. Dont know if you've been told but you all need to take your own bedding as the hall no longer provides it.

Latest

Trending

Trending