The Student Room Group

Unsure about a level choices

In my gcses I got 7BS 2AS 1A* I want to study chemistry biology economics and travel. I got an A in maths 3BS in triple science. Want to do pharmacy when I'm older shall I take maths or economics?
Take Maths instead of Travel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree with Edminzodo. Travel is considered a very weak subject whereas both maths and econ are considered 'hard' subjects. So I would suggest taking bio, chem, maths and econ. incidentally those are the exact subjects I'm taking (plus I'm doing further maths AS over both years).
Reply 3
Im taking travel cause it's easy I'm not too bothered about which uni I'm gonna go cause my dad's owns a big successful pharmacy so I'll deffo probably take over or work there. I don't think I'm good enough for a level maths as I didn't do further maths at gcse and I not very good at the harder stuff of maths gcse
Original post by Lcfc111
Im taking travel cause it's easy I'm not too bothered about which uni I'm gonna go cause my dad's owns a big successful pharmacy so I'll deffo probably take over or work there. I don't think I'm good enough for a level maths as I didn't do further maths at gcse and I not very good at the harder stuff of maths gcse

Something else instead of travel

Even if it isn't maths

Also physics has the 'harder' gcse maths

Geography?
Reply 5
But taking travel will give me more time to focus on the other 3
Original post by Lcfc111
But taking travel will give me more time to focus on the other 3

Honestly even the so called 'softer' subjects still take up a lot of time, and you are less likely to get a good grade as usually the mark schemes and grade boundaries are really weird. Have you considered doing a subject like ICT which is slightly more reputable and would be easier to get a better grade in?
Reply 7
How hard is a level maths compared to economics? I didn't do further maths at gcse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending