The Student Room Group

How many hours did you revise for GCSE's?

???
Not as many as I could have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not many at all, hence why I didn't get the grades I wanted. In the only subject I actually did some proper revision for I got a grade I was happy with.
Reply 3
actually a surprisingly efficient amount. but not enough for my expected results (im still very HAPPY with my results!)

id say, in total about 60 hours give or take. of which about 30 hours were cramming before the exam. (7A*s, 3As, 1 qcf D*)
Most of my revision was night-before revision :embarrassed:
Reply 5
All night-before, with a bit of reading now and again in the upcoming weeks.

I still got 4A*s, 6A's and a B, which is good considering not only am I deaf, but I hardly revised one bit.

It depends on the person how much they should revise, but I'm confident if I revised more I could have done better. I couldn't be bothered though, I tend to do much better than anyone else in my school if any of us never revised.

Just a word of advice, if you ever miss something or didn't understand something in class, find out! Don't leave it last minute as I did. Also, I recommend you revise at least a few months beforehand, which is more than I ever did.
Maybe 1-2 hours everyday for about 3 weeks before my exams started.

I really wish I had started revising sooner though.

My results came out all right in the end though :smile:
Original post by Mr.Samba
All night-before, with a bit of reading now and again in the upcoming weeks.

I still got 4A*s, 6A's and a B, which is good considering not only am I deaf, but I hardly revised one bit.

It depends on the person how much they should revise, but I'm confident if I revised more I could have done better. I couldn't be bothered though, I tend to do much better than anyone else in my school if any of us never revised.

Just a word of advice, if you ever miss something or didn't understand something in class, find out! Don't leave it last minute as I did. Also, I recommend you revise at least a few months beforehand, which is more than I ever did.

Should i start in september?
Original post by mollyxrose
Most of my revision was night-before revision :embarrassed:

lol this, I really didn't put in any effort for GCSEs.
I didn't do as much revision as I should have. Some subjects I did a lot of revision for, but it was pretty much all last-minute bulk revision. I'd advise against doing this and I'd start revision around 2-3 weeks before the exams (but I'm too lazy to do this) if you want to do as well as you can.
Original post by Precious Illusions
lol this, I really didn't put in any effort for GCSEs.

Still ended up with good results. Quite glad I didn't sweat it out doing months of revision when I didn't need to :tongue:
Just before most exams... Could've revised a lot more though - 3A* 8A
Original post by Orwellianhipster
Should i start in september?

Good of question, just remember, DONT exhaust yourself. That's worse than no revision.

If you want to start early, I suggest January. However, you could revise at home once a week starting September to cover issues or anything you dint understand. This will help a LOT.

Just one last thing, balance work and fun. But the next time you're bored and you've had your fun, don't sit on your phone for hours, revise instead. You won't regret it.
For a few of my exams I did not do any revision at all.
Couple of days or day before for most. Did this for most of my AS/A level exams too (regret it :colonhash:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Night before hectic revision- This would've got me all A*'s but my school made us sit some science exams early in year10 when I really couldn't be bothered!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest