The Student Room Group

ACCA too hard??

I finished uni short of my degree but did well in the several difficult accountancy modules I undertook. Now I want to self finance the ACCA, I don't have the time to do the AAT as well. Is it too hard?

I'm a determined person and only stopped the degree due to health reasons, and have since done an insurance apprenticeship without issue (of course that was a lot more basic).

I would take the BPP course on weekends / evenings and obviously pay for the revision sessions etc. to give myself the best chance possible.

Thanks for your help!!!

Posted by this year's Best Christmas Tree Winner, from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Bump
You could always see if you can get into a school leavers programme, not sure about your eligibility- that way you would be supported
Reply 4
Hi, thanks for replying but it's not about financial support - are you on about something more? I'd still do a comprehensive course, just start by myself without the pressure of having it tied to a job straight away. Thanks!
If you do a professional qualification such as AAT or ACCA there are 2 aspects to consider (1) the exam & assessment parts; (2) gaining relevant practical experience. You can do 1 before 2, but unless you do 2 the qualifications have no real meaning or use (plus you can't use the letters after your name). Also it's highly unusual to do AAT & ACCA at the same time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hi, sorry I wasn't on about doing AAT and ACCA at the same time just that I don't want to do AAT and then ACCA as it'll take 4 extra years. I know that I also have to get experience, I just want to start learning by myself before looking to move to a job that's linked with it :s-smilie:

Can anyone advise on how hard the ACCA is to study? Based on working while doing a part-time course with a Business Studies ALevel and HND that included finance modules which I performed well at.

Thank you!!!!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Try not to think in terms of hard ACCA is or isn't, it becomes hard if you do not manage to put the effort in & apply yourself, effectively by the time you have completed it you'll have done what is effectively an honours degree.
This is not a criticism of you, but as a general comment. The most difficult part of doing something like ACCA is balancing study, work & a social/family life.
If you need some tips, resources etc then let me know & I can provide some links, ACCA is a worldwide recognised qualification for a reason, good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending