The Student Room Group

Do you put kisses at the end of texts to your Boyfriend/Girlfriend?

Interested to know if you do or are you so close you don't bother as you two know you both love each other? if you do put kisses at the end, how many kisses?

Scroll to see replies

I didn't at the time of having a boyfriend, but I have a friend who does it to everyone.

I think you're overthinking this.
Not all messages :tongue: just a couple when I say good morning or good night :smile:
Reply 3
I don't see the point, I understand it's to display affection. But you wouldn't stand there when you greet someone, say bye to someone, or after every sentence and kiss them the same amount of times for every x you would usually put in a text would you?

To reiterate, I understand it's displaying affection etc, but it's far from necessary.
I put four kisses (but I do to everyone I'm close too tbh) but he doesn't. He sometimes puts a heart at the end of his message but it's not something I've ever thought about or care about really.
I usually tag a single 'x' onto the end of messages to my boyfriend.
Reply 6
If I had a girlfriend I would use then on say 40% of messages. Ones which are more personal such as good night. how are you... rather than just standard conversation messages.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Nope, We're not teenagers anymore.
Only if it's the end of the conversation (apart from her saying 'bye')
I put a sex, 8-- >-O, just to let her know the situation.
No, because we're not stupid.
ITT: People who think they are on a higher level if they refrain from putting 'x' at the end of messages to their SO.
Original post by Holby_fanatic
No, because we're not stupid.

lol wot
Reply 13
Original post by Le Nombre
I put a sex, 8-- >-O, just to let her know the situation.

hahaha okay.
Reply 14
I reply to all of my texts with an 'x' other than to my dad cause he wouldnt understand what it means. I guess its just a friendly gesture.
I only use it at the end of a conversation. It's pointless for the amount of msgs we exchange.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me and my girlfriend put kisses at the end of most messages. Sometimes we don't if the message is a short one or a jokey one that doesn't need them "you're mean" for example :P If we do put them we just press the x key for a bit :P so anything from xxxx to xxxxxxxxxxxx
When I was with my exes I would put them in every message unless I was mad, with my most recent I think it was 4 but the one before was more and probably like 7 or 8 but I don't know :smile:
We just put 'xx' on the end of every text out of habbit! And usually a heart instead of 'xx' at bed tkme
Me and my partner put kisses at the end of our texts. When we got our smart phones years ago we both made text templates with a lot of kisses and some heart emojis in it and we still use that to this day. It saves us typing out all of those again and again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending