The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

When do I start?

Hey guys,

Quick question - if my UCAS says I start my course on the 1st September but my enrollment day is 23rd, when do I actually go in?

Thanks. :smile:

Asad
Reply 1
mine said the same thing, i phoned up the uni and they said UCAS is wrong and my course starts the 22nd :P

best give them a ring just to check but your start date is probably 23rd
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Yeah I gave them a call and they said start on your enrolling date which makes sense otherwise they'll have an invisible student xD
Hi everyone,

Yes enrolment and freshers week starts on 22nd September this year. As for enrolment please follow your specific time and date allocated. You will have enrolment as well as introductions for courses. The only difference is if you are an international student.

I hoe this helps and feel free to ask me any more questions you have.

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks for that :smile: looking forward to my course and fresher's.
Original post by Kingston University
Hi everyone,

Yes enrolment and freshers week are both start on the 22nd September this year. You will have enrolment as well as introductions for courses. The only difference is if you are an international student.

I hoe this helps and feel free to ask me any more questions you have.

Student Ambassador

Hi Chloe

I enrolled online via OSIS and the website says that i would need to complete enrolment on campus on the 17th. I was just wondering if you could tell me whether this is correct, or should I come on the 22nd ??

Sofia

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by sofiamalik_1995
Hi Chloe

I enrolled online via OSIS and the website says that i would need to complete enrolment on campus on the 17th. I was just wondering if you could tell me whether this is correct, or should I come on the 22nd ??

Sofia

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should most likely go in when they ask you to enrol (face-face).
Original post by AsadP
You should most likely go in when they ask you to enrol (face-face).

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sofiamalik_1995
Hi Chloe

Sofia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Sofia,

Yes, I had this confirmed today by a colleague. You need to come to your appointment on the 17th to enrol even though freshers doesn't start until the 22nd. If there are any problems with this contact your faculty asap and discuss this with them.

I hope this helps

Student Ambassador
Hi Sofia,

Yes, I had this confirmed today by a colleague. You need to come to your appointment on the 17th to enrol even though freshers doesn't start until the 22nd. If there are any problems with this contact your faculty asap and discuss this with them.

I hope this helps

Student Ambassador

Hi Chloe

Thank you so much for confirming it.

Sofia :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Sofia,

I hope this helps

Student Ambassador

So what does the student do between the 17th and the 22nd ?
Original post by Old_Simon
So what does the student do between the 17th and the 22nd ?

Hi Old_Simon

If there is anything that you need to do that is university related then you will be given this information. Other than that you can use the time to get to know your way around Kingston and your campus. The Students Union also have events on during both weeks find the link here.

If you have any more questions or want some ideas of things to do please don't hesitate to contact me!

Good Luck

Student Ambassador
Reply 12
my enrolement day is the 16th, but it says i cannot move into my accomodation until the 20th.

anything i can do about this as its a bit of a hassle travelling all the way to kingston and back for a quick enrolment, then having to travel all the way back a few days later
Original post by Lukey10
my enrolement day is the 16th, but it says i cannot move into my accomodation until the 20th.

anything i can do about this as its a bit of a hassle travelling all the way to kingston and back for a quick enrolment, then having to travel all the way back a few days later

Hi Lukey10,

I would recommend trying as hard as possible to come for the time and date allocated to you, as you can imagine we have thousands of students to enrol over the next few weeks!

If it really is going to be a problem I would suggest contacting your faculty and enquiring about this.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions.

Student Ambassador

Quick Reply