Original post by Greenlaner
Total bull****.

Seconded.
Reply 21
Original post by yo radical one
This is such bad scientific thinking.

Welcome to the world of social science.

Russia and America have much more poverty and deprivation than the UK, equally Saudi Arabia has a relatively low crime rate so I could easily argue that from that, a tough stance on crime works.

I never compared Russia and America specifically to the UK. I compared them to all other countries generally irrespective of economic status.

You could argue that a tough stance on crime works based solely on Saudi arabia, but it wouldn't be a very solid argument, and as I think the other poster mentioned, you need to look at the bigger picture when dealing these sorts of social issues.
Original post by ElChapo
Why did I come I'm hear thinking this was going to be related to literacy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, I completely thought this thread was about grammar and stuff... I was reading the OP thinking those were example sentences :rofl:
I agree I would never make that argument in a serious way.

However I was trying to illustrate the point that comparing the crime rate of the UK with that of Russia and the US, and claiming there is a difference and that difference is due to the difference of approach is beyond retarded and that comparisons which are essentially the same but give the opposite conclusion, are just as valid.

Does Russia still claim it is crime-free, like the old Soviet Union was? :lol:
Original post by biggronn
you cant prove its bull**** so take a seat buddy

Perhaps not. But one would expect that such a laughably low sentence for murder would have been plastered all over the tabloid press, such as the Daily Mail, etc. As of yet my google searchs of "3 year sentence for murder", have thrown up absolutely nothing. So I stand by my initial view that it's bull****. Either you or your friend is lying.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Does Russia still claim it is crime-free, like the old Soviet Union was? :lol:

Of course :pierre:

"Crime" is a disease of the Western pig-dog
Of course :pierre:

"Crime" is a disease of the Western pig-dog

Indeed. It must be very heaven to be in Moscow, where gangsterism, vicious assassination of opponents, alcohol-fuelled violence and preposterously dangerous driving are all unknown.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Indeed. It must be very heaven to be in Moscow, where gangsterism, vicious assassination of opponents, alcohol-fuelled violence and preposterously dangerous driving are all unknown.

It's as if you have an agenda of some sort...

Spoiler

because the World is full of pussies now.

mostly due to stupid human rights morons who believe we should stick up for criminals (originally human rights were a good thing but now they've gone too far)
why would you care about rehabilitating a murderer? Life for a life so provide them with a basic meal and water, just enough to stay alive. A bible and that's it in a cell 12 foot by 8 foot with no window. That should be the punishment. Not a PlayStation! No contact with anyone and leave it to them if they want to kill themselves. Job done.
Original post by biggronn
you cant prove its bull**** so take a seat buddy

It's not his job to disprove anything. You made the assertion, you prove it - burden of proof and all. What comes after depends on if you've proven it or not, until then, get cracking or accept the fact that people will think it's bulls**t which it probably is.

Edit: Oh **** this thread is 4 years old lmao
(edited 5 years ago)
Thoughts on these prison sentences? Should we have similar ones for these crimes in the UK?

Man Gets 160 Years for Chase and Crime Spree
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmHuL-M9V7I

Man Gets 50 Years for Boy's Brutal Beating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dptnnP0Jquw
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS

mostly due to stupid human rights morons who believe we should stick up for criminals (originally human rights were a good thing but now they've gone too far)

But human rights are just that. Rights for human beings. And sadly, some human beings are also criminals. But of course, if you don't have much time for human rights, feel free to go an live in Saudi Arabia where, as a Western person, you would be expected to live in a gated community (a bit like a prison) and not drink alcohol amongst other repressive practices. And don't feel the urge to go and visit Mecca on a sightseeing trip. It is only for Muslims.
This is factually incorrect the minimum sentence isn't 10 years ALL defendants who have been found guilty of murder all get the mandatory life sentence which is up to the discretion of the judge in the case of Francis ingles killed her son out to put him out of his misery and she only received 5 years

Latest

Trending

Trending