The Student Room Group

Psychology degree?

Hi guys, so I have a problem.

I've been volunterring at a disabled childrens home for over a year, and have decided I want to be a child psychologist. I got all B's in my gcses except for maths which I achieved a C in. However, most Russel group and decent unis require a B in maths and my sixth form wont alloe me to resit in year 13 as I got a c. What should I do?

Thanks
Original post by fungirl16
Hi guys, so I have a problem.

I've been volunterring at a disabled childrens home for over a year, and have decided I want to be a child psychologist. I got all B's in my gcses except for maths which I achieved a C in. However, most Russel group and decent unis require a B in maths and my sixth form wont alloe me to resit in year 13 as I got a c. What should I do?

Thanks

Hi there :smile: you could consider sitting the exam privately if you're really hoping to apply to universities that require a B. I'm afraid most are pretty strict in terms of their GCSE requirements so you would need that B. However, upon looking, there are a few decent enough unis that only ask for a C that you could consider, i.e.Liverpool, Sheffield, Southampton, Kent, Leicester :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest