The Student Room Group

would you ever consider dating someone on tsr?

i've heard many people say that they've met through tsr and fallen in love. how about you? would you date someone on here, presumably after getting to know them first? or would you feel reluctant to meet someone online in rl?

Scroll to see replies

Stop day dreaming about the girls on TSR and actually meet a girl.

Hey my name is.....
Reply 2
Girls PM me their phone number all the time, but it's useless I tell them - love doesn't speak TCP/IP.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by insertwittyname.
i've heard many people say that they've met through tsr and fallen in love. how about you? would you date someone on here, presumably after getting to know them first? or would you feel reluctant to meet someone online in rl?

I've met someone in irl who I have met on TSR, although it wasn't because of any sort of love interest :smile: But I don't see why people have objections to it as I've seen some people in the past do. Plenty of people I see have got married and are engaged etc with someone they have met on TSR :smile: If you can find the right person on here then go for it :smile: To answer the title question, yes I would.
tsr should have a dating functionality, instead of filtering by hair colour or age you could filter by uni :sexface:

srs tho, would not consider meeting someone from tsr let alone dating them

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I would. I don't like dating sites as everything about it seems so shallow. But meeting someone whom you share interests with on a somewhat niche forum like TSR sounds great. Of course always meet in public to be on the safe side.
It would be awkward imo.
I'm planning on meeting someone next week :tongue:
Reply 8
Defineatly would consider it
Same, I would consider it too. Although there is the factor of distance and the fact that people can easily lie on the internet. It would be really romantic but I've read and seen enough horror stories about online dating that I'm a bit wary about it but I would, again, consider it.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar.
Reply 10
I already have :lol::facepalm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Nope, too many neurotics
No. I wouldn't really be up for meeting someone romantically on any website though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have in the past. Don't see why not again.
I wouldn't rule it out completely
Reply 16
Yes, have done before :biggrin:
If they lived within reasonable visiting distance then yeah, I don't see why not.

I tried online dating with someone who lived very far away before and it didn't work out.
All so desperate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dating? Probably not. It would be good though to meet/date someone who uses TSR so you two have something in common. But I would LOVE to meet most people on here in real life since most are genuinely nice. They should do like a TSR meetup or something haha.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending