The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Univeristy of Leeds: psychology

Is anyone on here going to be studying psychology at leeds this September. I literally don't know anyone that is lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am :smile: idk anyone either haha
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
You feel kinda scared lol?
Reply 3
A little but I'm excited! Haha
You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amyog
A little but I'm excited! Haha
You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing it's because your moving to leeds? And tbh I'm just worried about being alone lol because throughout school and sixth form I've always had people I know in lessons and eveything so not knowing anyone at all on my course will be kind of new to me and scary.
Reply 5
Original post by Unknown_user
I'm guessing it's because your moving to leeds? And tbh I'm just worried about being alone lol because throughout school and sixth form I've always had people I know in lessons and eveything so not knowing anyone at all on my course will be kind of new to me and scary.

Yeah, are you moving or do you already live near uni?
Me too but I think that's the case for a lot of people. You're not on your own in that sense so I think we'll get to know people pretty fast :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live in leeds already about 15/20 minutes away on bus from uni. Haha I hope so, just a few weeks left.
Reply 7
I live in leeds already about 15/20 minutes away on bus from uni. Haha I hope so, just a few weeks left.

Oh that's good then :smile:
Yeah I can't believe how soon it is! It's actually beginning to feel real now haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I still don't think I'm ready for uni, btw have you done psychology for a-level?
Reply 9
Lol I still don't think I'm ready for uni, btw have you done psychology for a-level?

Awh
The closer it gets I feel a bit more ready I'm actually looking forward to it
Yeah I did, have you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh I did too but apparently at uni it's quite different e.g. Structure of essays so don't think it will be a big advantage and what you thinking of doing for the optional module. I was thinking of doing forensic psychology but not sure if I should choose something else from a different subject, just to get away fr psychology for a bit.
Reply 11
Yeh I did too but apparently at uni it's quite different e.g. Structure of essays so don't think it will be a big advantage and what you thinking of doing for the optional module. I was thinking of doing forensic psychology but not sure if I should choose something else from a different subject, just to get away fr psychology for a bit.

Yeah I'd imagine it's really different :smile: I had to write an essay for the access to leeds scheme and that was the first time I'd ever really had to reference haha

I think I'm going to do the forensic psychology module. I thought about doing something outside of psychology but there's so many to choose from n I don't know what else I would pick, plus that module sounds interesting to me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha Frued's contribution? I did that too

And yeh that's true, it can be useful because forensic psychology is one of the career paths I'm thinking about, along with clinical psychology.
Reply 13
Haha Frued's contribution? I did that too

And yeh that's true, it can be useful because forensic psychology is one of the career paths I'm thinking about, along with clinical psychology.

Yeah haha
Are you going to one of the access to leeds days next week?
Oo yeah that'd probably be good then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amyog
Yeah haha
Are you going to one of the access to leeds days next week?
Oo yeah that'd probably be good then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, haven't had no email/letter from both leeds uni and access to leeds, so I have no idea what's going on. Think it's because I got into leeds a few days after results day(got in after a remark) so for now I'm not going. A friend of mine told me he also got a letter from leeds telling him how to register, I haven't got that either. Peak times -.-
Reply 15
I'm studying Psychology in Leeds! Going into second year now! If you guys have any questions, give me a shout! :biggrin: I'd be happy to help!

Tip #1: Don't panic when you walk into your introductory lecture in Freshers week and see there's 200 people in your class! Haha! You'll get used to that.

Tip #2: If you're worried about not making any friends, try and find them on Facebook before hand. At this point everyone is in the same boat, so it's easier to bond that way than waiting until you get to your first lecture when a lot of people have already formed their little groups.
Are you going to the access to leeds event? I should be once they confirm the day I suppose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
x

Yeah I've had a few emails from Leeds. Have you emailed them or anything to say you haven't been getting anything? If you have your ID number you should be able to register anyway though I'd have thought :smile:

Original post by Lara5
x

Original post by Sumaiya96
x

Yeah I put down the 11th and then the 10th I think, just waiting for the email back about it :smile:
Original post by Lara5
I'm studying Psychology in Leeds! Going into second year now! If you guys have any questions, give me a shout! :biggrin: I'd be happy to help!

Tip #1: Don't panic when you walk into your introductory lecture in Freshers week and see there's 200 people in your class! Haha! You'll get used to that.

Tip #2: If you're worried about not making any friends, try and find them on Facebook before hand. At this point everyone is in the same boat, so it's easier to bond that way than waiting until you get to your first lecture when a lot of people have already formed their little groups.

Hi I had a question, I never really got a straight answer for this. For the placement year what are the tution fees? Also what kind of placements can you get into, I want to get into something to do with research or healthcare, would that be possible?
Original post by Amyog
Yeah I've had a few emails from Leeds. Have you emailed them or anything to say you haven't been getting anything? If you have your ID number you should be able to register anyway though

Lol nope, been too lazy. Don't think I'm ready for uni. Might give it a day or two more then ring them up.

Quick Reply

Latest