The Student Room Group

Do people actually like death metal?

Death metal, doom metal scream metal. What ever they call that ****.

Does anybody actually like it or is it just a social pressure thing for emos to fit in?

Scroll to see replies

>implying metal is for emos

>conflating death metal and doom metal which actually sound very different

implying that all metal is the same and is for school shooters and baby eaters when in fact there is a great variety of incredible music within is like saying that pop, r&b and hip-hop is all the same and is just massproduced garbage for idiots when in fact the former two are great fun and often the best lyrics and rhythms in music are found in the latter

both positions are moronic and ignorant

edit: i really ****ing like metal and if you don't then ok
(edited 9 years ago)
i don't even think you tried at all
Reply 3
Original post by CaptainBrown
>implying metal is for emos

>conflating death metal and doom metal which actually sound very different

implying that all metal is the same and is for school shooters and baby eaters when in fact there is a great variety of incredible music within is like saying that pop, r&b and hip-hop is all the same and is just massproduced garbage for idiots when in fact the former two are great fun and often the best lyrics and rhythms in music are found in the latter

both positions are moronic and ignorant

metal ****ing rules

You were doing so well and sounding so unbiased and impartial until you ruined it with that last sentence.
Original post by Arkasia
You were doing so well and sounding so unbiased and impartial until you ruined it with that last sentence.

How did affirming my love for metal in any way negate the rest of my post?

Unless that is, you interpreted it as me saying that metal was objectively superior in which case you are mistaken.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
How did affirming my love for metal in any way negate the rest of my post?

You sounded completely impartial and the voice of reason, until you spoiled it by choosing to end the post immaturely, swearing and declaring something 'rules'. Now it your post just sounds bitter and hypocritical, stating a genre rules (thus passing your own judgement), whilst having a go at the OP for passing his personal judgement on the genre.
Original post by Arkasia
You sounded completely impartial and the voice of reason, until you spoiled it by choosing to end the post immaturely, swearing and declaring something 'rules'. Now it your post just sounds bitter and hypocritical, stating a genre rules (thus passing your own judgement), whilst having a go at the OP for passing his personal judgement on the genre.

Edited the post to better fit m'lord's standards of objectivity.

Clearly the later post clarifying my original ending statement as a subjective opinion rather than an objective judgement was pointless.
Reply 7
Edited the post to better fit m'lord's standards of objectivity.

Clearly the later post clarifying my original ending statement as a subjective opinion rather than an objective judgement was pointless.

Great, made yourself look even more immature. Congratulations.
Jesus christ. Listening to death metal at 5am in a dark corner of my dark bedroom next to my dark windows with the curtains open was not a good idea! :lolwut: To make things worse my bed is directly opposite a huge mirror. If you never see me on TSR again after I hit submit, you'll know Satan has taken me.

It's alright. Death metal is that genre that I can only listen to if I'm in the mood for it. I can't stand death metal with vocals because I don't understand what the **** they're saying, but death metal instrumentals.. :sexface: Cradle of Filth's songs are probably the harshest metal I can imagine myself listening to at the moment. Foetus of A New Day Kicking is sooo eargasmic :coma:

Unsurprisingly a lot of people do feel pressured to like it, but for most it's like wine - it becomes a sort of "acquired taste". (Acquired sound?) That's exactly what happened with me when I was 14/15 and I discovered Deftones, Delain, Bullet For My Valentine and Black Veil Brides (before they released their **** second album and I lost all my respect for them which I'm slowly starting to gain again!) as well as some other bands who paved my yellow brick road into the world of metal. :h:
It makes me cringe when people talk about genres they don't understand.
Original post by fairnotfair
Death metal, doom metal scream metal. What ever they call that ****.

Does anybody actually like it or is it just a social pressure thing for emos to fit in?

Yes, people like it, people love it in fact, myself included. Also emo very much =/= death metal and doom metal (very different genres btw).

Its pretty great that different people enjoy different types of music isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viva Emptiness
It makes me cringe when people talk about genres they don't understand.

:yep: Yeah, the idea some people on here have of Metal is hilarious.
I only listen to it to ensure my place in Valhalla.

Sooo screamy and shouty! *pout*
Reply 13
If you don't like death metal = you don't understand it

Just admit it's a load of pathetic piece of garbage
Reply 14
It's very good.
Oh, the other day I was at an exhibition about musik and they had played certain songs to a panel of about 10 people and recorded their reaktions and thoughts for visitors to listen to. The best one was Napalm Death... "This kind of music is definitely linked to alcohol addiction... The people who listen to this are dangerous." and "Most of the lyrics are violently right-wing..."

All is forgiven, because they seemed to all be old people.
Reply 16
I don't like it does not mean its "crap" tho
Original post by fairnotfair
If you don't like death metal = you don't understand it

Just admit it's a load of pathetic piece of garbage

Nope, conflating death, doom and screamo and calling people who listen to (all of those completely different things) emo = not understanding it.
No they all just feel super hardcore listening to such destructive sounding music.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Nope, conflating death, doom and screamo and calling people who listen to (all of those completely different things) emo = not understanding it.
listen to real music mate, anything beyond Sabbath and iron maiden is basically emo bdsm fetish trash

Quick Reply

Latest