The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Anyone else finding it hilarious how Nick Griffin's statements on pakistani groomings all those years ago(for which he was sued multiple times) can't be laughed at anymore? The guy can easily quote this in BNP's manifesto and literally no one would be able to dismiss him since these things have now surfaced as facts.
And what facts they are indeed-1400 in just one tiny town....

Interesting times ahead of us huh?
Reply 201
Original post by Rlove95
People are acting like Asian men are the only paedophiles out there. Ignoring the fact that it isn't solely about 'sorting out Asian men' but sorting out men (and even women in some cases) who think its okay to commit acts of paedophilia. By acting like Asian men are the only groups of men that do disgusting stuff like this, you're indirectly making it seem like it's okay to commit sexual abuse as long as you're not Asian and 'can get away with it'. Jimmy Saville was a sexual offender for six decades, sexually abusing hundreds of people, female and male from all different ages and he never got prosecuted or even charged for it suggesting that there is something wrong with the justice system which is allowing sexual offenders to go unnoticed and unpunished for far too long, and also something wrong with various institutions and communities scattered across the country which are all allowing child abuse and grooming to go on with no one challenging or reporting it. Grooming and child abuse isn't exclusive to Pakistani men in Rotherham, but is something that affects people in all different communities by people of all different ethnicities. We aren't ever going to be able to eliminate it if we adopt an 'us v. them' mentality that suggests 'we're all okay' and 'they're all paedophiles'.

Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris etc all worked alone.
Only Pakistani men seem to be running organised grooming gangs.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
No one is letting them off the hook? Obviously what happened is disgusting.

However don't you dare try to say Pakistani culture is "rapey". The vast majority of Pakistanis are as against rape as anyone.

This does smack of hypocrisy slightly.

You yourself assert that rape culture exists in the West, despite the fact that (I'm sure) most White people oppose rape.

Whilst I don't want to turn this into a Western culture vs South Asian culture discussion, Pakistani culture is far more socially conservative than Western culture :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Unkempt_One
Modern-day feminism is ultimately about well-off women trying to settle scores, so it's not surprising that they focus on first-world problems while truly massive issues facing women liked forced marriage, female genital manipulation, and this are all but completely sidelined; they predominately effect the socioeconomic groups feminists honestly couldn't care less about.

Much of the left is like this in general:

Third worlders killing and raping third worlders: ignore.
Third worlders killing and raping first worlders: support them.
First worlders killing and raping first worlders: write a column in the newspaper maybe.
First worlders killing and raping third worlders: raise placards, shout very loud, pretend to care highly about their plight.
(edited 9 years ago)
The debate in the other thread about this has spun off into an unproductive and unwinnable discussion on the attribution of ethnicity to the crimes in Rotherham. So let's ask the question again, where is the feminist outrage? The most publicised feminists at this present time seem to be obsessed with the unscientific concept of a 'rape culture', which as far as I can tell is an entirely abstract concept with a narrative founded predominately on fantasy and word play rather than evidence. It seems that more concrete issues and therefore the most rational for feminists to target; this, female genital manipulation, and forced marriage, appear to be sidelined. Is it possible that the feminist movement, having achieved it's most important goals, lost it's most educated members to other causes, and thus become radicalised and distorted? Or do a majority of feminists genuinely care, but don't see the need to speak, or can't out-shout the SJW faction?
Original post by Falcatas

Not necessarily. Corruption in the media industry and justice system allowed them to continue. Even after his death, people were reluctant to speak out and we have no idea whether they encouraged other people to commit sexual abuse. If they worked completely alone, they would have been caught and punished way quicker. While I understand your point, I don't necessarily think they worked alone.

We have no way in knowing there aren't other people from all different races running organised grooming gangs. Pakistani men are the ones that have been caught. Whose to say in 2 years time we won't find out about African men running organised grooming men. I just don't think pretending its just a problem with Pakistani's is going to solve anything. That doesn't mean you can't tackle these men or parts of their culture that encourage this behaviour, like I've said countless times before, I just don't think it's exclusive to Pakistani men.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mick.w
i don't care about what race or ethnicity they were born into. i care about the culture attached to it and the culture raising them.

ur confusing race with ethnicity. ethnicity usually has a culture assigned. race does not.
the community has a culture. the culture is providing a incubating environment for pedophiles.

so saying "white people" isnt the same as saying "czech people".

ive repeated 3 times now how the pakistani pedophiles are different because the police have tactics that are based on communities that dislike pedophiles.
every other community hates pedophiles and will deal with it in a vigil ante or law abiding way. pakistanis do not deal with the the problem. and they support the pedophiles and help them evade capture. that is the difference. please let me know about another community that does this. if you can.

which community other than the pakistani community has such a spiked rise in pedophiles?

you say their culture does not teach them to be like this. do you know how many children under the age of 14 get married in pakistan?
do you think it was disgusting the the prophet muhammad had sex with a 9 year old?

ive made very good points. you are ignoring them and merely repeating your self.

youve said the same arguments over n over without actually effectively challenging any of mine. you simply say we shouldnt focus on the cultural nor should we focus on the fact that they are the ONLY community that assists their pedophiles to evade the police. now that may sound like a small problem. but its a very BIG problem because the police operate off of cooperation with the community.

and too your whole repetitive response of "we shouldnt focus on the fact they are pakistani (and that pakistani culture and religion incubates this behaviour) we should just focus the pedophiles" once again i send you back to my previous quotes in regards to how black and irish issues get focused on and its pragmatically beneficial despite the fact that uncomfortable stereotypes are confronted.

no social work or police work has ever been successful by ignoring the root cause of issues and just focusing on the act in a vacuum

If all other communities are able to tackle paedophilia and sexual abuse as effectively as you claim, how come so many cases go unnoticed for years? The whole Jimmy Saville thing wouldn't have happened if it was just a case of 'police can only work with communities that dislike sexual abuse and Pakistani's don't dislike sexual abuse'. If you look up the case, various people in various positions, knew what was going on but decided to turn a blind-eye to it. Doesn't sound like community that 'dislikes sexual abuse' to me.

A lot of it has been reported as 'Asian men' which is why I interchange between the two. In fact I had no idea the men were Pakistani until I saw this thread on TSR, I'd just heard that they were Asian. When I say white people, I'm referring mostly to white British people, to clarify.

Pakistani's aren't the only groups that do this though. That's my whole point. If they were, I'd understand your point fully, but they aren't. That doesn't make it okay before you start ranting about how I'm saying 'ignore Pakistani's cause everyone else does it too' My point is that various communities in all different areas are reluctant to speak out against sexual abuse, that's something that we need to learn to tackle otherwise sexual abusers will continue to get away with their crimes. In one of the news report, one of the victims talked about how when she tried to report what had happened to her, the police called her names and accused of her being a 'slut' and being her abuser's 'mistress', it isn't just the Pakistani's who are failing to tackle the sexual abuse in these areas, but also the police. My whole point which I have reiterated several times is that sexual abuse isn't exclusive to Pakistani's, treating it like it is isn't going to solve anything. You can talk about 'fixing Pakistani culture' all you want, but then you're not actually tackling the whole problem.

Discouraging sexism, and the objectification of women in Pakistani cultures will definitely help and I'm not denying that but like I've repeated countless times you can't look at these abuses through the 'us v. them' mentality (even if the perpetrators did the crimes in that way, that doesn't mean we have to scoop down to their level) because both 'us' and 'them' didn't act appropriately and in many other unrelated cases still aren't acting appropriately. You can try fix 'them' but then you're denying that there is a problem with 'us'.

How do you know that their ethnicity is the root cause of their problem? I'm sorry but how much do you know about Pakistani cultures and these communities for you to be declaring their ethnicity as the root cause of their problem? When British paedophiles are caught, no one even mentions ethnicity. I've never heard someone blame Britishness as a cause of paedophilia. Why does ethnicity become a 'root cause' as soon as that person is revealed to be non-white/non-British?

Have you been following the Ferguson riots? Have you been following the controversy in Britain over stop and search and the over-representation of ethnic minorities in prison not because ethnic minorities necessarily commit more crime but because they're more likely to get reported/prosecuted for their crimes? I don't get how you can say all this is 'pragmatically beneficial', maybe for white people yes but for the various black people that are treated like criminals simply for being black, not so much.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Unkempt_One
Modern-day feminism is ultimately about well-off women trying to settle scores, so it's not surprising that they focus on first-world problems while truly massive issues facing women liked forced marriage, female genital manipulation, and this are all but completely sidelined; they predominately effect the socioeconomic groups feminists honestly couldn't care less about.

Really? Maybe the 'feminists' you meet in everyday life are more concerned about sexism in Robin Thicke songs but the feminist movement as a whole is very LOUD on forced marriages, female genital manipulation, female education in third world countries. I can probably find various links which show that feminism is very active in tackling issues like this, in fact there are many feminists out there that admit feminism isn't as much as of an issue in first-world countries but is still needed for third world countries or for people living in first world countries that are still affected by repressive cultures.

Infact let me do a quick google (which is all you need to do to find the various feminist charities that are dedicated to stop the things you've mentions)

- http://www.womenforwomen.org.uk/

"Women for Women International provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability and self-sufficiency, thereby promoting viable civil societies."

- http://www.asafeworldforwomen.org/

"A global women's rights and advocacy organization campaigning against injustice. Safe World forms partnerships with grassroots organizations and groups worldwide to effect change in a positive way"

- http://www.equalitynow.org/english/index.html

"Working to end violence and discrimination against women and girls around the world through mobilizing public pressure, raising visibility and wielding political pressure to ensure governments act. Issues of concern include rape, domestic violence, reproductive rights, trafficking and female genital mutilation."

- http://www.feministpeacenetwork.org/

"The Feminist Peace Network advocates for the human rights of women by raising awareness about misogyny and global violence against women."

- http://www.womankind.org.uk/

"Womankind Worldwide believes that women in developing countries are a powerful force for change. The charity works with women's organizations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. All projects are committed to enabling women to understand their legal rights and using this to benefit their daily lives."

People seem to forget that there is no universal feminist movement. There are various feminist movements which all have different priorities and work to tackle different issues. Not all feminists agree on issues affecting female, you can't find a single 'feminist viewpoint', a feminist is simply someone who believes in the equality of females. Different feminists will go about this belief differently.
Original post by Rlove95
Really? Maybe the 'feminists' you meet in everyday life are more concerned about sexism in Robin Thicke songs but the feminist movement as a whole is very LOUD on forced marriages, female genital manipulation, female education in third world countries. I can probably find various links which show that feminism is very active in tackling issues like this, in fact there are many feminists out there that admit feminism isn't as much as of an issue in first-world countries but is still needed for third world countries or for people living in first world countries that are still affected by repressive cultures.

Infact let me do a quick google (which is all you need to do to find the various feminist charities that are dedicated to stop the things you've mentions)

- http://www.womenforwomen.org.uk/

"Women for Women International provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability and self-sufficiency, thereby promoting viable civil societies."

- http://www.asafeworldforwomen.org/

"A global women's rights and advocacy organization campaigning against injustice. Safe World forms partnerships with grassroots organizations and groups worldwide to effect change in a positive way"

- http://www.equalitynow.org/english/index.html

"Working to end violence and discrimination against women and girls around the world through mobilizing public pressure, raising visibility and wielding political pressure to ensure governments act. Issues of concern include rape, domestic violence, reproductive rights, trafficking and female genital mutilation."

- http://www.feministpeacenetwork.org/

"The Feminist Peace Network advocates for the human rights of women by raising awareness about misogyny and global violence against women."

- http://www.womankind.org.uk/

"Womankind Worldwide believes that women in developing countries are a powerful force for change. The charity works with women's organizations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. All projects are committed to enabling women to understand their legal rights and using this to benefit their daily lives."

People seem to forget that there is no universal feminist movement. There are various feminist movements which all have different priorities and work to tackle different issues. Not all feminists agree on issues affecting female, you can't find a single 'feminist viewpoint', a feminist is simply someone who believes in the equality of females. Different feminists will go about this belief differently.

You've convinced me. Now I just want to see more publication of this kind of genuine and helpful feminism.
Yeah, I mean they could deny all blame against the paedophiles and completely blame the police and the government/council on the basis of the presence of white men (haha feminist bigotry) but I've heard nothing. Where there Muslim people on the council covering this up? Was this a case of protecting their own?

Guardianistas are pretending this incident wasn't racist (to the white natives of course) but they seem to not comment because they can't work out whether there's sole blame for white men and because there clearly isn't they're unwilling to come forward. It was their leftist bull**** which caused the whole 'we can't investigate these brown Muslims or we'll be called racist' because of constant 'is it cuz I is black' thrown around.

It's like with the stop and searches, there is a reason you're being searched, either because of crime demographics or because you actually look like you're hiding something i.e. a hood.
There is none.

It might offend Islam and Muslims.

That is always good reason to not do something.
Original post by Rlove95
If all other communities are able to tackle paedophilia and sexual abuse as effectively as you claim, how come so many cases go unnoticed for years? The whole Jimmy Saville thing wouldn't have happened if it was just a case of 'police can only work with communities that dislike sexual abuse and Pakistani's don't dislike sexual abuse'. If you look up the case, various people in various positions, knew what was going on but decided to turn a blind-eye to it. Doesn't sound like community that 'dislikes sexual abuse' to me.

I am sure you are aware of the difference between an institution and a community.

Original post by Rlove95

A lot of it has been reported as 'Asian men' which is why I interchange between the two. In fact I had no idea the men were Pakistani until I saw this thread on TSR, I'd just heard that they were Asian. When I say white people, I'm referring mostly to white British people, to clarify.

that does not surprise me. I seem to be the sole educator of you in regards to this issue. I have kept a close eye not only on the media coverage but also academic studies as well as keeping a close eat to people I personally know who work in child protection, police and also people I know personally who have been raped and molested by gangs like this. if you had even just seen the news coverage you would have known these men are pakistani. yes there is the odd non pakistani who has joined in but they are clearly guests in an obvious pakistani dominant practice.

Original post by Rlove95

Pakistani's aren't the only groups that do this though. That's my whole point. If they were, I'd understand your point fully, but they aren't.

no they are the only ones that do this. I've described the modus operandi to you over 3 times. I have challenged you to find me another community that behaves in this way. you still have not found anything and have resulted to just repeating the same unfounded lies. because you ARE lieing. because you have no idea who else is doing this do you? i bet you havent even bothered to try and find out. well if you did you'd see.

Original post by Rlove95

That doesn't make it okay before you start ranting about how I'm saying 'ignore Pakistani's cause everyone else does it too'
no it is ok to say that because thats what your doing.

Original post by Rlove95

My point is that various communities in all different areas are reluctant to speak out against sexual abuse,

and you think catholics reluctant to speak out about the abuse happening to them within their own church is the same as pakistanis raping those outside their community AND being assisted by those within their community because their behaviour is tacitly seen as ok so long as they keep away from doing that to their own kind. after repeating this for, well ive lost track of how many times ive repeated this to u. your still unable to see the difference. god help you.

Original post by Rlove95

that's something that we need to learn to tackle otherwise sexual abusers will continue to get away with their crimes. In one of the news report, one of the victims talked about how when she tried to report what had happened to her, the police called her names and accused of her being a 'slut' and being her abuser's 'mistress', it isn't just the Pakistani's who are failing to tackle the sexual abuse in these areas, but also the police.

I agree there has been gross negligence from the police in this also. however in most cases the police have been pretty on point with it in cases such as operation messenger. and i would go one further than the police and blame everyone whos assisted in the cover up. so that includes normal people who have denied this because they want to be seen as "anti racist" as well as the politicians who had the power to do things and raise awareness but havent and didnt because they were afraid of losing their job due to being smeared as racist. minus jack straw.

Original post by Rlove95

My whole point which I have reiterated several times is that sexual abuse isn't exclusive to Pakistani's, treating it like it is isn't going to solve anything. You can talk about 'fixing Pakistani culture' all you want, but then you're not actually tackling the whole problem.

yes but you keep broadening this issue to sexual abuse in general. and keep refusing to acknowledge the fertile community that produces these pedophiles. which is preventing the creation of pedophiles which would help both communities.
also this is an issue of community assistance of pedophiles and not pedophiles. something your not grasping.

not only that but the method of operation of these pedophiles is very different. now i don't expect you to know anything about police methods. but believe it or not. theres not one blanket style of tackling pedophiles. you have to tailor your operation to the operation of the criminals in question. part of the pakistani pedophiles MO is using their communities to hide in and gain assistance from. while we may have seen people be covered by institutions and a chosen select few of people helping cover the tracks this is the GENERAL community. which is a lot more disturbing. and the fact that you have people that are even afraid to tackle the harborers and assisters to these pedophiles is again very disturbing.

Original post by Rlove95

Discouraging sexism, and the objectification of women in Pakistani cultures will definitely help and I'm not denying that but like I've repeated countless times you can't look at these abuses through the 'us v. them' mentality (even if the perpetrators did the crimes in that way, that doesn't mean we have to scoop down to their level) because both 'us' and 'them' didn't act appropriately and in many other unrelated cases still aren't acting appropriately. You can try fix 'them' but then you're denying that there is a problem with 'us'.

no but you have to acknowledge the us vs them mentality that has been a crucial element in these crimes and the whole reason why the communities of these pedophiles are helping them. because they see US vs THEM. and would rather help a pedophile than help a victim from the enemy. its a war tactic. its common knowledge that rape is used as a weapon to psychologically break opponents in war. the Japanese were big fans of this, for example see "The Rape of Nanking". or any of the atrocities in africa. in libya the anti gaddafi forces accused gaddafis forces of raping women and that they were carrying viagra and condoms with them. where did the anti gaddafi rebels get this idea? well they were the ones actually doing it. and tunisian border control found creates of viagra and condoms destined for the anti gaddafi rebel forces.

Original post by Rlove95

How do you know that their ethnicity is the root cause of their problem? I'm sorry but how much do you know about Pakistani cultures and these communities for you to be declaring their ethnicity as the root cause of their problem?

its nurture not nature. its the culture attached to the ethnicity. not the physical ethnicity its self. how much do i kno? a lot actually. ive grown up around pakistanis all my life. i have met and socialised and befriended many pakistanis. i have fallen out with all of them either because of their hatred of black people or their messed up attitudes towards women such as rape being ok in the right circumstances or both of these horrific outlooks at the same time. not only this but outside my own personal experience its been well documented that these are issues and not only that but you can see from the documentaries on this subject what the opinion from their community is.

Original post by Rlove95

When British paedophiles are caught, no one even mentions ethnicity. I've never heard someone blame Britishness as a cause of paedophilia. Why does ethnicity become a 'root cause' as soon as that person is revealed to be non-white/non-British?

i assume you mean white british. well when jamaicans or africans or chinese or jewish or whoever is caught no one cares either. because pedophiles fairly universally follow the same method of operation. social services and police no this. its fairly typical. most of educated society knows this. they operate within and target their own. they operate largely on their own. most pedophiles actually rape their own family members. this is the most common thing. pakistanis will be following this same structure within their own communities too. except they have the added issue of this race hatred organised pedophile rings that have an element of terrorism about them. why terrorism? well how many pedophile cases have you heard of the pedophile recording them raping their victim and sending it to the parents of the children? none or if one then its an anomaly. this type of behaviour is common amongst pakistani pedophile rings. what do you think the purpose of such an act is? other than to torment and horrify the parents? this is sexual terrorism. and the pakistani community endorses it.

Original post by Rlove95

Have you been following the Ferguson riots? Have you been following the controversy in Britain over stop and search and the over-representation of ethnic minorities in prison not because ethnic minorities necessarily commit more crime but because they're more likely to get reported/prosecuted for their crimes? I don't get how you can say all this is 'pragmatically beneficial', maybe for white people yes but for the various black people that are treated like criminals simply for being black, not so much.

the ferguson riots is in the united states of america. black people and the countries they live in are not comparable on an international level.

the history of black people in america is significantly different to the history of black people living in the uk.

the policing tactics in america are significantly different to the policing tactics within the uk.

now the things i mentioned were black people and gun crime and irish people and drinking.

who do you think black people are killing with guns? its other black people.

theres also much more factors that go into why ethnic minorities are overly represented in prisons. and its to do with jobs and history and a other things.

for example.
black and irish came over. single. working class. not highly educated. ireland as a british colony as well as black colonies were famous for constant rebellion within every generation.
the indian colonies were for their size very easy to control and british rule plugged in quite nicely with the caste system. yes there were rebellions but there was nothing compared to what the caribbean/african or irish did. you go back to india now and you will find many people saying they want britain back. the same cannot be said about black and irish.

anyway asians come over educated, with money, and are middle class. they are setting up businesses such as the famous corner shop stereotype while irish and jamaicans are looking for work in hard labour such as construction.

asians do not have to worry about depending on british shops or accommodation.

black and irish do, hence no blacks no irish no dogs.

black and irish take part in drinking and parties. asians largely don't.

thus clashes due to socialisation are avoided by asians.

black and irish fill up the prisons and continue to till this day with the top three ethnicities in british prison being jamaican irish and nigerian.

asians as criminals have come from a very different place. they have chosen to become criminals due to the romantic life style and for street cred. they havent had the same ghettoisation factors that have lead black and irish to crime.

we can also see this in mental health. irish and blacks have the highest rates of schizophrenia in the country with asians no where close. schizophrenia is usually an indication of a community that faces consistent trauma and oppression.

also notice how other asians do not engage in the same way pakistanis do. hindus and sikhs do not behave in the same way. pakistanis behaviour is different from the rest of the asian subgrouping as a whole. for example pakistanis have chosen to identify with the muslim world and have become thoroughly engaged with islamic terrorism and anti western ideology.

you do not have the same level of hindu or sikh criminals in the uk.

and when you do have them you notice they operate in the same way as other criminal groups from minorities.

pakistanis are the hot potato issue in that they have chosen to become part of islamic fundamentalism and have chosen a criminal lifestyle that their other asian peers have shown can quite easily be avoided.

not all minorities are exactly the same. yes maybe racist british people may see all non british people as the same but thats a pretty backward and outdated way of thinking. yes its great to have solidarity between minorities.

i used to think pakistanis were in the same boat as us. but they are really not. they had the choice to excel with their sikh and hindu neighbours. but instead they've chosen to rather attain street cred with the blacks and irish thus joining them in prison. or have chosen to identify with a war in the middleast that had nothing to do with them. you never had italians going over and fighting for the IRA because they were both united by Catholicism.
but you know what. to an extent i sympathise with the pakistani community. when it was violence that we had seen before. but black or irish never thought hey lets rape british kids in revenge. no. we never did that.

this is why i wipe my hands of the pakistani community. they do not stand with me in solidarity as minorities. fair enough u got pedophiles. but helping those pedophiles? na man... we aint on the same side. not anymore.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

However don't you dare try to say Pakistani culture is "rapey". The vast majority of Pakistanis are as against rape as anyone.

Are you of Pakistani descent?

i personally do not think it is right for us to pin entire blame on pakistani men or to associate & attribute such vile incidents to only pakistani men.
We live in a multi-cultural society and we should be tolerant of each other.

I would like to ask if this is true.
Were 1400 children sexually exploited in Rotheram over 16 years by group of men who were mostly of Pakistani descent?

To other members, I've come across some interesting articles.
For those who're interested, do click away and read on.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmhaff/68/6806.htm

http://ukpaedos-exposed.com/uk-child-abusers-named-and-shamed/facts-and-stats-on-child-abuse/muslim-paedo-rings-in-the-uk-why-how/

http://www.asianimage.co.uk/columnists/10310937.Grooming__Merely_a_Pakistani_issue_/

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/aug/26/rotherham-abuse-report-protection-not-blame

https://fullfact.org/factchecks/race_and_sex_offences-27153

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerscruton/2014/08/30/why-did-british-police-ignore-pakistani-gangs-raping-rotherham-children-political-correctness/
Original post by Falcatas

Pakistani rapes are religiously motivated historically and to date . Kids or not it doesn't matter to them

Latest

Trending

Trending