The Student Room Group

How to get an A* grade in A2?

What is the requirements?
Can you go from a B grade at AS to an A* without resitting modules?
I believe it is possible. It all depends on how many UMS points you gain within the B to then enable you to gain 80% UMS overall.

Basically if you attain 80% UMS across all of your modules (so mod1 + mod2 (AS) + mod3 + mod4 (A2)) and then 90% UMS in both of your A2 modules then you have an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Octane
What is the requirements?
Can you go from a B grade at AS to an A* without resitting modules?

In theory it is no more difficult to get an A* at A2 whether you scrape a B (70UMS) or get a high A (100UMS), because of the requirements of averaging 80% UMS over the 2 years and 90% at A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, the A* is a commonly asked question... I advise anyone who wants to ask a question about A* to read the A* thread.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=815293

once you read that you probably won't have a question about it anymore :smile:. But yes to answer your question it is possible.
Reply 4
Original post by TLHroolz
In theory it is no more difficult to get an A* at A2 whether you scrape a B (70UMS) or get a high A (100UMS), because of the requirements of averaging 80% UMS over the 2 years and 90% at A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely it would be easier to achieve an A* seeing as you don't have to worry about AS, and you can just focus on A2. Correct me if I'm wrong, thank you.
Reply 5
Original post by Octane
Surely it would be easier to achieve an A* seeing as you don't have to worry about AS, and you can just focus on A2. Correct me if I'm wrong, thank you.

Well, you have to get 90 UMS at A2, so if someone scraped a B at AS and worked their socks off in A2 and got 90% UMS, their average would be 80% over the 2 years and 90% for A2, and the criteria would be met. If someone got 100UMS at AS, then slightly messed an exam at A2 and averaged 89%, they would only get an A. Their average will be well into the nineties, but they haven't got 90% UMS at A2...

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is so weird how a B at AS is quite adequate as a springboard to A*.

Quick Reply

Latest