The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

No one's loan comes through before that, and yeah its a pain.. for student account you should check out Halifax, they do the biggest overdraft (although thats not necessary the best thing!)
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
hey tinkerbellejess im sure your situation is a lot better than mine lol! i submitted a change in circumstances form to the SLC after i didn't get into my first choice, saying i'd be studying at brunel instead. i sent another a day later saying i wanted to stay in uni accomm instead of commuting - but according to the SFD website, my loan has been approved yet still says i'll be studying at my first choice! :confused:

and trying to get through the SLC helpline isnt great either with big fat charges and big at queues to match....hope everyone else is havign better luck than me!!
25th?! dats long, i tried the website for student loan, it says its not working, the systems proper messed up man! lol n i only got 300 left on ma overdraft! hope dats enough?!
Didn't you get a job over the summer? Plus, most banks do about 1k overdraft...I hope you arn't intending to spend anywhere near that much :P: - that and a credit card hehe
lol i didnt get a job, i had alot to do during the summer, n i got hsbc account n dey only gave me £500 i was well pissed off, applied for other accounts but most of dem rejected my application, i fink ders summink rong wid ma credit history which is ****ed cos i have neva been in debt or nuffin lol, ye my life story...
lol i didnt get a job, i had alot to do during the summer, n i got hsbc account n dey only gave me £500 i was well pissed off, applied for other accounts but most of dem rejected my application, i fink ders summink rong wid ma credit history which is ****ed cos i have neva been in debt or nuffin lol, ye my life story...:biggrin:
Reply 7
this whole loan process is absolutley crap! the website isnt available! i recently got details of how much i'll get...they havent told me wen it'll be put into my account...how can i find out? or do they send a letter with all tht info?
Reply 8
payment schdules arive within 14 days of the course starting, in theory..

did i mention i'm a happy buny now :biggrin:
Reply 9
so tht means i'll get a letter any day now...?
Reply 10
it does mean that, i havent got mine yet either, if i dont get it tomorrow i'm giving the slc a call
Reply 11
you can look on the slc website, it tells you when and how much you will get paid
:mad: ive logged on the website and am gettin propa pissed off! it still says ther awaiting further documentation or whatever! ive givin ma evidence **** 3 times alredy! am i da only 1 wid dis problem cos its stressin the **** outta me!
Reply 13
i had a similar problem, i forgot to sign something or other, took ages for me to sort, luckiily it was a month ago, did you send all the required documentation? its getting a bit late
Can you seriously not get through the first week?

I'd of thought you'd have a few bob saved over summer?
nah im cool wid da first week, but this system is really messed up, i done everything they asked me when i first gave my application in but they've been asking for the same things again, last time i went i was proper shouting at the people, its seriously messed up, i just hope my money dont come too late.
Reply 16
Hmm I haven't received my letter yet but if thats the case well im screwed cause I didn't save jack over the summer! The whole education department is very slow and tedious I don't even know if i'm getting a grant yet or DSA.
Reply 17
the letters are slow, keep check online, they update that way before sending letters
Did your parents have to log onto the site as well, cos i dont have the art id for neither of my parents, jus the password... does this effect my application?
Mine hasn't even been assesed and I did it may 19th.

Latest

Trending

Trending