The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Not really. I was kind of lucky in that the people I worked for kept my job open for 3 years so I had a job to go back to when I graduated last time. There's lots of usability work out there but it's pretty competitive!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Not really. I was kind of lucky in that the people I worked for kept my job open for 3 years so I had a job to go back to when I graduated last time. There's lots of usability work out there but it's pretty competitive!

If you don't mind me asking...how old are you? How did you get into the industry?

I'm just curious, It's something I would be interested in.
Reply 42
I'm 36. I got into the industry by virtue of having the degree in Cognitive Science and the company I worked for had a requirement for people who were skilled in Human-Computer Interaction and usability. I didn't really make any deliberate effort to go into that area. I just got tasked with work in that area because I had the right skills.
I see, so what, are you looking to move from more of the analysis of interfaces to the creation, with this degree?
Reply 44
That's still to be resolved over 3 years! :wink: I might go for something completely different. Prime Minister anyone?! lol
Finally some people who are interested in computers... just got enrolled in Msc Computer Networks & Communication. Wish to see you all there... :cool:

Latest