The Student Room Group

Nurses Shoes

About to start Vet Nursing course and the clothing/equipment list says 'Nurses Shoes'

Is this some specific type of shoe? Or does it just mean 'sensible' eg flat black shoes, comfortable and practical for being on feet all day?

I asked on the Vet thread but no replies so thought someone here might know
thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DVPM
About to start Vet Nursing course and the clothing/equipment list says 'Nurses Shoes'

Is this some specific type of shoe? Or does it just mean 'sensible' eg flat black shoes, comfortable and practical for being on feet all day?

thanks

It will mean black fully covered, no flip flop, open toe or open heel kinda shoe.
So yes, sensible black covered shoes.
Loads of people like Clarks for nursing type shoes ie unloops etc but it's best to try various designs of shoe and see what you hope will be comfortable after 12 or so hours on your feet. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd take that to mean black leather shoes that cover the whole foot (so if you dropped a needle on your foot it wouldn't go through). Ones without loads of seams and details are easier to wipe clean should they get soiled. You probably would need a flat, rubber sole that wouldn't mark floors. I have two pairs of black leather Vans, slip on and lace up versions which are fine.

From experience, even in hospitals people don't tend to stick to the shoe rules but quickly regret it when they get something gross spilt on them...
Original post by DVPM

thanks

Hiya
I am currently on a nursing course so might be able to help.
I'm guessing they mean black, leather shoes which cover your whole foot and are comfortable.
Most people on my course bought £60 shoes from clarks but myself and friends of mine bought some from deichmann for £17.99 which look exactly the same and do the same job. Hope this helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thank you all, that's a huge help.
i've got some flat black lace ups I bought last year from Clarks, they aren't completely plain(a bit of 'decorative' black stitching across the front) but they are comfortable as I bought them for waitressing so I'll take those and hope they'll be ok.
thanks again
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Thanks for the advice. My old shoes didn't feel so comfy when I tried them again, so I've bought a pair of these http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20342696

Quick Reply

Latest