The Student Room Group

Wore a polka dot bikini in swim class at school, AMA!

So, yeah, back at school, I was wild and crazy enough to wear a bikini to swim class when the rest of the girls were wearing one pieces :mmm:

You may now ask me questions :bigsmile:

Scroll to see replies

Praying to god this thread is a joke.
Original post by penelopecat
Praying to god this thread is a joke.

Come on, it isn't as bad as the relationships thread. :h:
How old were you then?
Did your school specifically mention "one-piece swimsuits only" among their rules?
Were you in a mixed school?
If so, how many boys were staring at you?
Did you get that annoying kid during swimming lessons that used to jump in and bomb the **** out of everyone?
Original post by shawn_o1
How old were you then?
Did your school specifically mention "one-piece swimsuits only" among their rules?
Were you in a mixed school?
If so, how many boys were staring at you?

I was about 12.
No rules on swimwear, if there were, I would've obeyed them.
Yes, I was in a mixed school.
A lot of them were staring at me.

Original post by ryan9900
Did you get that annoying kid during swimming lessons that used to jump in and bomb the **** out of everyone?

Oh yes, he always did a cannonball at the start of every lesson.
Reply 6
I thought most women wore bikinis when swimming, unless they're old or fat. It's nothing unusual really, just a bit strange why you were the only one though.

What's your favourite song at the moment?
Original post by JulietheCat
Oh yes, he always did a cannonball at the start of every lesson.

I was that kid :biggrin:
Original post by louieee
I thought most women wore bikinis when swimming, unless they're old or fat. It's nothing unusual really, just a bit strange why you were the only one though.

What's your favourite song at the moment?

I found later on that bikinis can interfere with your movements when doing proper swimming, just mine was a simple one with no fancy strings or buckles. It also lasted for 10 years and even then, it's too small for me and was never destroyed from all the chlorine. I do wish that they would still make such long-lasting bikinis.

Alors on Dance by Stromae, how about you? :smile:
Original post by ryan9900
I was that kid :biggrin:

:colondollar: It soaked all of us, when I wanted to get my bikini soaked when I get into the water :unimpressed:
I found later on that bikinis can interfere with your movements when doing proper swimming, just mine was a simple one with no fancy strings or buckles. It also lasted for 10 years and even then, it's too small for me and was never destroyed from all the chlorine. I do wish that they would still make such long-lasting bikinis.

Alors on Dance by Stromae, how about you? :smile:

I don't know why someone reported this thread for Advertising :lolwut:

What brand were the bikinis?
Original post by SecretDuck
I don't know why someone reported this thread for Advertising :lolwut:

What brand were the bikinis?

Really? :s-smilie:

Honestly, the bikini was bought from a swimwear stall in Spain. The actual bikini was unbranded, so I assume that they hand crafted it themselves.
Really? :s-smilie:

Honestly, the bikini was bought from a swimwear stall in Spain. The actual bikini was unbranded, so I assume that they hand crafted it themselves.

Wow, hand-crafted? Are they no longer working the stall?
Reply 13
Boring title...
NEW bikinis! WOW l@@k all sizes last for YEARS through all manner of CHLORINE wow Size XS S M L XL bikinis swimwear swimming omg best bikinis since sliced swimsuits!

How bout now? :colone:
Wow, hand-crafted? Are they no longer working the stall?

The stall is still there but they now sell branded bikinis. Not good :frown:
i for one would appreciate an artist's impression of you in the bikini. feel free to increase breast size to keep the illusion going.
Original post by kopi, ffs
NEW bikinis! WOW l@@k all sizes last for YEARS through all manner of CHLORINE wow Size XS S M L XL bikinis swimwear swimming omg best bikinis since sliced swimsuits!

How bout now? :colone:

Well, I'm not advertising because no-one makes that long lasting bikini anymore. I'm more going into nostalgia and missing the good old days :moon:
The stall is still there but they now sell branded bikinis. Not good :frown:

Feel the same with old swim briefs in general. They used to be comfortable, good looking and long lasting but nowadays, you can only pick two.
Feel the same with old swim briefs in general. They used to be comfortable, good looking and long lasting but nowadays, you can only pick two.

Agreed - oh well, I guess I can only save them for the beach.

Quick Reply

Latest