The Student Room Group

AQA resit - do I have to do the whole thing all over again?

Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
No. New rules means you will have to resit all the papers, I think.
Original post by STUDYREVISE
so will I have to resit the ISA as well if I want to resit bio, chem and physics?

No, just the exam side of the GCSE.
Reply 3
aqa core science:
biology - c (+)
chemistry - b
physics - c (+)
isa - a*
Overall - B

So, if I want to resit, do I have to resit the whole GCSE, or can I just resit one or two of them for example physics or biology only?
Thanks!

If you want to re-sit a GCSE you have to re-sit all the exams but you can carry forward the controlled assessment. (The rules are the same for all GCSEs, all exam boards). The rules are at the top pdf here http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/results-and-certification
Reply 4
So, if I want to resit any part of it, I must resit all 3 papers. Biology, Chemistry and Physics. However, the ISA (controlled assessment) can be kept the same and I wont have to resit the ISA. I can keep it the same.
Is this right? Thanks :smile:

Correct.
Reply 5
Okay, Thank you.
If I were to resit, when would it take place with AQA?
Is it possible to do it in January or any time earlier than June.
The exam board is AQA, and on there website, they have past papers in January?

Exam seasons other than the summer were banned by Gove for all GCSE and GCE (except for Maths and English re-sits) so I'm afarid you will have to wait until next summer.
Reply 6
Oh... okay.
Will the higher marks be counted or the lower ones?
also, will the resit be written on the GCSE Certificates?

You will get a certificate with this summer's result on. If you re-sit next year you will get another certificate with next summer's result on. If you do worse in an exam nest year it will still be the one that counts.

Quick Reply

Latest