The Student Room Group

Is optometry still possible with just core and additional, not triple?

Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Yes
Original post by STUDYREVISE
Thanks

I presume you mean GCSE science? Yes, of course! Your A level subjects are much more important - the only GCSE's you need specifically are at least additional science, English and Maths.
Thanks

yes even medicine, dentistry and pharmacy. Just make sure you get an A or A*
No-one cares about your GCSE subjects, beyond "do you have English, Maths and a Science subject?" once you've got the relevant A-levels for what you want.

Once you have the degree, no-one cares very much about your A-levels, either.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks. I got a B in Core Science but I still have year 11 to resit. Do you think I should resit?

It's up to you. If you can get an A in Additional then that should be enough to allow you to progress to A level, and most universities only require GCSE 'passes' (a C grade) in English, Maths and Science. However, if you feel that a B grade was very low compared to what you expected, by all means resit an exam.
Ok, thanks.
Do you know when the resit exam will take place for AQA Science A?
November/January/May/June?

I believe that with the current linear exam system, the vast majority of exams take place in May/ June. According to AQA's provisional GCSE exam timetable for 2015, Science A exams are on the 5th and 12th of June. This may change, and there may be resit exams available earlier that I am not aware of - some people have taken GCSE's in November, January, March and May/ June.

Quick Reply

Latest