The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I looked at my timetable this morning on the internet, its not that bad i suppose, but it will probably change when i actually have to go to lessons.
Reply 21
Had my induction today, i found it fun, not really the hour long lecture in the sports hall with 500 people [mainly chavs] and not seeing anyone i knew. Then when we were put into tutor classes i saw people going off to their classes and was put in a tutor with one girl i meet yesterday, so its not too bad, although so other people in my form are a bit weird. Everyone seemed shy, which i normally am, but i felt loud compared to these lot. My timetable is good, I have 6 free periods a week and 5/6 of them mean i can go home early or come in late. That will probably change if i drop one of my AS. One things annoyed me, almost all my timetable is in 2 hour blocks, which is weird, buit probably normale for a levels. i prefer mixing and moving around. =[
AARRRRRRGGGGH! :mad:

My computing class is the most annoying class! Ever! Ever!

There are about 3 girls and 17 boys, which isn't really surprising as it's traditionally a boys subject. The teachers are cool (we have 2 for it), and the subject content seems interesting, but the students in the class, are geeks. I suppose I should have expected it, but I have never been a class with such posh geeky people in my life! They make witty comments because the computer wouldn't let them log in, and all start laughing raucously as if a teacher had just fallen over and ripped their pants...

I sit next to a guy with a really posh slightly camp voice which grates and makes me want to slap him!

I want to kill them!

And my economics class is full of chavvy hoodies (btw, im not saying they're chavvy because they wear hoods!) which surprised me.

Apart from that, it's great! :biggrin:

But I suppose my class isn't that bad - my friends class had a guy who brought a laptop to Classical Civilisation..
Reply 23
jonjoe
Had my induction today, i found it fun, not really the hour long lecture in the sports hall with 500 people [mainly chavs] and not seeing anyone i knew. Then when we were put into tutor classes i saw people going off to their classes and was put in a tutor with one girl i meet yesterday, so its not too bad, although so other people in my form are a bit weird. Everyone seemed shy, which i normally am, but i felt loud compared to these lot. My timetable is good, I have 6 free periods a week and 5/6 of them mean i can go home early or come in late. That will probably change if i drop one of my AS. One things annoyed me, almost all my timetable is in 2 hour blocks, which is weird, buit probably normale for a levels. i prefer mixing and moving around. =[

It is normal, and you'll come to be quite grateful because it means lessons go into more depth.
Reply 24
My timetable is set in 3 hour and then 2 hour blocks (morning and afternoon) which meant today I had triple chemistry and then double maths. I have no free periods as there were only four option blocks to choose from and we are not advised to take 4 AS levels! I did not take this advise and so I am now praying that I can cope with all 4 subjects just to prove the teachers wrong. We also have 3 hours of Key Skills a week which is compulsary.
Reply 25
Kowhai
My timetable is set in 3 hour and then 2 hour blocks (morning and afternoon) which meant today I had triple chemistry and then double maths. I have no free periods as there were only four option blocks to choose from and we are not advised to take 4 AS levels! I did not take this advise and so I am now praying that I can cope with all 4 subjects just to prove the teachers wrong. We also have 3 hours of Key Skills a week which is compulsary.

your school sounds mental! :eek: How can you not have a single free period at all?!?! Surely they must be prepared for people who take 4 AS's, it's not exactly unusual (well it's the norm really!)
I'm taking 4 as's, and on wednesdays, I come in at 10:10, and go home at 12:40!
Reply 27
I'm now doing AS futher maths instead of history, so I'm living in the maths department. Today was the first day this week I don't have two maths lessons.
Reply 28
dk9
I'm taking 4 as's, and on wednesdays, I come in at 10:10, and go home at 12:40!

lucky git! :p:
This year i have about 4 hrs free on wednesday's! I have a lesson at the start and end of the day. Don't know what the hell I'm going to do in between. (Don't stay study, it's just not going to happen. :p:)
Reply 29
Gosh, probably yeah about last year's Year 13s...but nah, I'm sure I was much less annoying than this new lot! Haha! Do you guys have separate Lower and Upper Sixth common rooms or what? At my old school we did but here it's all lumped together and the year below is just immense so we've basically been kicked out! :tongue:

I kept my old tutor, which is cool 'coz I love him, he's ace, but only a couple of people from my old form, which is pants :frown:

What is Key Skills???
Boo
What is Key Skills???

Boring pointless crap.
Reply 31
Tutorials, Key skills and IOLP are crap!
Psychology/sociology/communications are amaze!!!

Lunch was a bit scary because i had sociology and got lost from people i has meet so ended up with this person who went to my old school [shes nice but a bit weird, weird friends] Then ditched them and went HMV then burger king after giving up hope of finding anyone but they were in there so it wasnt all bad. I still dont know half of the building, there must be a canteen sort of place and a hang out area. Eurgh.
Imagine if i drop business, mon,tues afternoons off. thurs morning off and wed/fri off between 11-2.15 so i can go home. =]
jonjoe
Tutorials, Key skills and IOLP are crap!
Psychology/sociology/communications are amaze!!!

Lunch was a bit scary because i had sociology and got lost from people i has meet so ended up with this person who went to my old school [shes nice but a bit weird, weird friends] Then ditched them and went HMV then burger king after giving up hope of finding anyone but they were in there so it wasnt all bad. I still dont know half of the building, there must be a canteen sort of place and a hang out area. Eurgh.
Imagine if i drop business, mon,tues afternoons off. thurs morning off and wed/fri off between 11-2.15 so i can go home. =]

Sounds sweet :smile:

I get off 2 hours early on a Friday... makes me soooo happy :biggrin:
Reply 33
My day was crap. It was full of people being unable to listen.

On the plus side, I did find out that thanks to dropping Sociology I could have Monday mornings free! Unless they arrange PE into that spot... grr.
The college has completely changed the entire timetable! it's now a 2 week timetable and we start at 9:15 and finish at 3:30 instead of 9-4 (that part is good). Also, no one and a half hour lessons anymore woohoo! Have a new tutor who is just as good as my last one if not better. Only bad thing is I have the same biology teachers as last year and was hoping to change this and haven't got my proper schedule yet but it looks suspiciously crappier than last year's as I don't see many frees on it :eek: (that's what you get for taking 4 A2s) but on the whole, things are looking up already! :biggrin:
Yeah I had a bad day yesterday as well ...
Lesson 1 - a Free - was up in the study room and a cohort of y12s dcided to colonise the other end of the study room so you cant get to the printer they all sat in front of it and then it didnt work anyway:frown:
Lesson 2- Biology - Our teacher kind of made it clear she wasnt happen with everyone and started setting down aload of ground rules for hwk and having your notes with you otherwise youre out etc etc and then set us a bloody impossible load of a2 ecology exam questions :frown: - which i stil cnt do in for today! and end of the day we havea double today and shes giving us a massive test!:frown:
Lessons 3+4 - German - My teacher read out everyones results and i was the only person who got an A so I was like oh god! Whereas she was adising everyone esle she turned to me adn said I dnt think u need to resit.. i was like ahh thanks for telling me something in front of everyone I alredy know!!!

Lesson 4- my other German teacher was an ok lesson i guess did a listening was quite boring really but id been trying to avoid her for as long as possible coz shes disaopointed over my french result. She even bought the topic of French up ni German i was like OH GOD here we go :frown:

Lunch was good was tutoring my y8 pupil french and we went to see my old french tacher whos really nice for her to help me write a letter to persuade my new head of languages that i can do Italian with the y8s on a Monday wen i have a free!:smile:

Lessons 5+6 French - It only got worse though.. first i turned up early and was sat there for about 5 minutes talkin to my french/german teacher and She said Oh what are we going to do bout this Carole.. i was like oh god I really dnt want to go there! Then she sed oh i may get a B .. like shes given up in all hope of me getting an A!:frown:
Then I had my new french teacher whos head of languages and i was reli scared coz she didnt reli like me from last year with all the problems in French and I sort of could feel this patronising tone i dno it was prob just me in a generally bad mood but u cud certainly feel the force!! Then she tells me i have to resit everything like i got the worst mark in the world when i was equivalent of 2 marks frm a B! I felt so thick in front of the other 2.. they did similar to me!! soz for the long post
I hope today is better but probably not coz of double Biology :frown:
Reply 36
I get to show the new lower sixth around today. All the people who said they would got an email telling us to "play nice with the new lower sixth, and not scare them too much".
Reply 37
I originally had 1 lesson a day (90 minutes long) except for Tuesday, where I had 2 (Year 13, btw). As I would be bored out of my mind, I've taken up an AS Level to fill some blocks up. :smile:
Xtrm2Matt
I originally had 1 lesson a day (90 minutes long) except for Tuesday, where I had 2 (Year 13, btw). As I would be bored out of my mind, I've taken up an AS Level to fill some blocks up. :smile:

You crazyperson.
just got my timetable this morning. it's good in that i now have 7 frees (ahh the joys of doing 4 subjects) and 2 are first thing and 3 are last thing and then another 2 are in the middle of the day. only problem is, iv got the worst english teacher ever - he's really sarcastic and mean and intimidating and isnt even at good at teaching. i think im going to kick up a big fuss and try and get it changed

Latest

Trending

Trending