The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Exams

Hello !

This might seem like a very silly question but it worries me. Are the exams of January and then June eliminatory ?

Oh and if anyone knows about Student Houses (Village), I am also interested !

Thanks a lot !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
What do you mean by "eliminatory "?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
When we get the results, can the school make us leave because of our bad results, or make us repeat the year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by B.CoKa
When we get the results, can the school make us leave because of our bad results, or make us repeat the year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will have to achieve a minimum of 40% to pass each exam, if you don't achieve this, then you will need to retake (which is capped at 40%). I think you can decide to re-do the whole year (which is not capped), but I have not known anyone to do it, so am not completely sure on that :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thank you very much for the answer, that is a lot more than I knew !
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yeah further to the above poster. If you don't get at least 40% on an exam, you fail it and need to resit in the summer. However you will only be allowed to do the resits if you pass at least 50% of your total exams for the year. So therefore if you dont pass at least half of all your exams you cannot do the resits and you fail the whole year.

All that is subject to extenuating circumstances and things like that so it could change if there was a very very good reason. But that is usually how it goes, so as you can see in 99% of cases you need to go through the whole year before you know whether you have failed the year (and need to redo the year).

Disclaimer: This is at least the rules for my school, the School of Physics, but I cannot see it being much different if at all throughout the uni.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Thank you so much !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending