The Student Room Group

Changing to a Degree in Nursing/ Midwifery - Need Help!

Hi!

I'm currently studying in London, and should be going into my second year this September. I've always wanted to go into medicine, but need some help about how to go about it as I've already studied before! :smile:

Can anyone help with the funding situation? I've been on SFE and the NHS website, but am still confused to whether the NHS actually cover your course fees (I'm looking to go into paediatric/ neonatal nursing).

Also the medical requirements to be a nurse? Eyesight?

I've e-mailed a few colleges about an Access to Nursing course as well as looking at part time courses and voluntary work to aid my application.

If anyone has already been through this process of changing university to pursue a career in Nursing I'd greatly appreciate their advice and tips!

Thanks!
Beth :suith:
(edited 9 years ago)
The NHS does cover fees for nursing and healthcare courses but I'm not entirely sure they will if you're doing/have done a degree before? You have to pass an occupational health assessment to do the course although you're unlikely to fail for something like eyesight :smile:
Yes the NHS will pay your fees. I'm a postgrad and am now on a BSC nursing course with my fees being paid by the NHS and I have a loan from SF
OP You want to go into 'Medicine' , so you are asking about a Nursing course ?

do you want to go in to Medicine ? or into Nursing ? or just 'work in healthcare '

you need to get this clear in your mind and in your applications as poorly phrased bits on applications ?UCAS forms may draw questions over your suitability and/or commitment .

you will have to pass occupatio0nal health screening as part of your application , do you have specific concerns aobut your eyesight?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending