The Student Room Group

Travel and Tourism BTEC helppppppppp

I'm just about to start studying at college and I had originally planned to study A-Levels but my grades unfortunately stopped that from happening so I've been told to do a BTEC. I'm considering Travel and Tourism but I want to know more about it from people who have studied it. Is it difficult, interesting? What careers other than cabin crew could you get from it?
Also why do BTEC's get such a bad name? I know they're probably slightly easier than A-Levels but I don't want to get judged for doing a BTEC haha:frown:
Holiday reps, working in bars abroad would also be a path you could take. I think it's a good course to do to get Your foot in the door and open up the world to different countries and places. It's probably something that you'd do for 10 years or so but then I'd move onto something more stable and secure to enable you to settle down, a good example would be a travel agent 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to college next week and I'm doing two a levels and an applied science Btec. I think they get a bad reputation because it's easier than a levels and there's a form of coursework but you can go just as far in Btecs as a levels, a levels are usually something you do then go onto university whereas with Btecs although some people go into university afterwards others just go onto a job, don't be ashamed! It's still difficult but it's just better suited to some people! Good luck 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest