The Student Room Group

Re-applying through UCAS

I've already applied to uni, got the grades and been given a place to start in September 2014. However I've changed my mind and wish to go to university next year. To make things complicated I would like to decline my place and re-apply to different university's using exactly the same application (same references, statement, course, etc). Last year my application went through my college but this year I wont be at college.
Is this possible and if so how would I go about doing this?
I'm wondering the same too
I contacted my old school to ask them to be my centre

I am worried that my personal statement may be detected as 100% copied
(edited 9 years ago)
You won't be able to use the same application. You will have to apply through ucas as an independent applicant (the option is there). The whole process is very similar but you'll have to get your references from your college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
In this situation, you would normally apply as an independent candidate but ask someone from your school/college to write you a new reference. You can't apply with your old reference, as it is likely some of the information on it won't be correct anymore, and of course your predicted grades are now irrelevant. However, if you were written a good reference last time, I'm sure you'll get an equally good one this time.

You also shouldn't reuse the same PS- A lot of things will have changed since you wrote your last PS, and it is usually easy to spot someone who's used a PS written a year ago. You should write a new PS (although it doesn't have to be from scratch) which should also cover things like what you intend to do on your gap year, as this will be important to some universities. It's ok to use some aspects of your old PS, though, as UCAS will realise that the statement you have plagarised is your own, and you won't be penalised for this.

You should contact your current university and decline the place ASAP, particularly if you have already applied for accommodation etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending