The Student Room Group

How do I look?(pictures)

Hey guys
I'd like to know if you think that I'm fat? Or how you'd describe my body
i'm 5'9" and I hate my body.
I exercise, do cardio, lift, do HIIT workouts, swim, I don't eat fast foods or sweets... i don't eat a lot... And I still look like that:
I don't know what to do:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nobody in their right mind would describe you as fat.

Inb4 "white knight".
You are not fat. It's great if you exercise and eat healthy but you shouldn't do it because you hate your body. Seriously, you look perfectly fine and healthy, don't worry :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Well one thing's for sure. You're not fat!
Reply 4
You look fine. Not fat, not skinny, just right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have a very nice and healthy body. Of course you're not fat!
For ****'s sake I really can't do this any more. You are clearly not fat and if you think you're fat you need to seek psychological help for body dysmorphia. Are you that desperate for compliments though?
Reply 7
You look GREAT! Please stop hating yourself. If you hate your body looking like THAT then you'll never be happy with it :hugs:
Reply 8
Original post by penelopecat
For ****'s sake I really can't do this any more. You are clearly not fat and if you think you're fat you need to seek psychological help for body dysmorphia. Are you that desperate for compliments though?

There is a good chance she has some degree of dysmorphia and if she does then being a bitch about it isn't going to help. She just wants some reassurance. Jeez.
:frown:
Original post by Cinnie
There is a good chance she has some degree of dysmorphia and if she does then being a bitch about it isn't going to help. She just wants some reassurance. Jeez.

She could have done that clothed.
Reply 11
Not exactly a 'fitness chick', but you're definately not fat. Here are some possible sources of your problems:

You have not been doing it long enough. If you've only been watching your diet and exercising for 2 months, don't expect a total transformation of your body. It cn take a person up to a year to go from average to aesthetically fit. Just keep going.

If you've been going at it for a while now, you need to step up the exercise - no more 40 min workouts. Start working out for at least an hour, 6 days a week.

Lift more; lift heavier. It is difficult to know if your goals are to get that 'toned' look, but if they are, do this.

Change what you are eating. From what you said, you're not eating that much. Increase the exercise and increase your protein intake without eating a load of carbs.

Again, this is just a possible source of problems that you may be having. Pick the ones that apply best to you, and I hope hat you can make progress!
Reply 12
Original post by penelopecat

Last year I went to a therapy. It helped... For a moment:frown: And I'm not desperate for compliments. I just sometimes think that I'm unable to assess my appearance objectively
Reply 13
Original post by VannR
Here are some possible sources of your problems:

Her problems are psychological and nothing to do with how much working out she's doing. From what she is describing about her body hatred, she actually needs to focus her attention and identity onto other things before this gets out of hand...
Original post by Neverenough
Hey guys
I exercise, do cardio, lift, do HIIT workouts, swim, I don't eat fast foods or sweets... i don't eat a lot... And I still look like that:

You have a nice body but your facial features are quite bland
Reply 15
I like the back of your neck

jus sayin
You have a great body, don't put yourself down.
Original post by Neverenough
Hey guys

Your body is really good, not fat at all. Would bang 😁
Reply 18
Original post by Cinnie
Her problems are psychological and nothing to do with how much working out she's doing. From what she is describing about her body hatred, she actually needs to focus her attention and identity onto other things before this gets out of hand...

Ah. You're probably right tbh. I think the amount of exercise she listed made me misinterpret her goals. I should have realised that this psychological when she said that she 'hated' her body.

YOU LOOK FINE neverenough!
Reply 19
Original post by VannR
Not exactly a 'fitness chick', but you're definately not fat. Here are some possible sources of your problems:

You have not been doing it long enough. If you've only been watching your diet and exercising for 2 months, don't expect a total transformation of your body. It cn take a person up to a year to go from average to aesthetically fit. Just keep going.

If you've been going at it for a while now, you need to step up the exercise - no more 40 min workouts. Start working out for at least an hour, 6 days a week.

Lift more; lift heavier. It is difficult to know if your goals are to get that 'toned' look, but if they are, do this.

Change what you are eating. From what you said, you're not eating that much. Increase the exercise and increase your protein intake without eating a load of carbs.

Again, this is just a possible source of problems that you may be having. Pick the ones that apply best to you, and I hope hat you can make progress!

I'm on a low carb diet and I exercise 5 times a week. Every workout is 50-90 minutes and I change the weights every 3/4 weeks. I exercise since april and I'm on a diet since last september. I used to have some ed problems and sometimes I think that my body is afraid of loosing weight again;(

Quick Reply

Latest