The Student Room Group

Girl banged in the face at carnival

For not allowing a mans sexual advances.

screenshot2014-08-27a7oobz.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Well, hopefully he gets caught and arrested for it. Is common assault supposed to be newsworthy?
Original post by Unkempt_One
Well, hopefully he gets caught and arrested for it. Is common assault supposed to be newsworthy?

Doubt he'll get caught with the description the police have provided. Apparently the public should be on the lookout for "a man" .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miscounted_time
Doubt he'll get caught with the description the police have provided. Apparently the public should be on the lookout for "a man" .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, that's a shame. At the end of the day you have to be cautious at these festivals.
Reply 4
literally smacked that smile off her face
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Horrible comments.
Yikes, this is so sad. Poor woman :frown:. It's things like this that make me annoyed to be a woman, that we just can't go out and enjoy ourselves without fearing for our safety because of these violent misogynistic thugs that are lurking about.

Oh, and what's with the awful comments on this thread? :facepalm2:
Reply 7
Why are people saying this is funny? I'm so confused.
You morons are making a good case for why feminism should still exist. I don't even :facepalm:

You're ****ing idiots.
whats wrong with some people? judging by the comments aswell?
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Yeah I know it's a carnival to celebrate Caribbean culture, but I doubt they'd want to exclude anyone on the basis of skin culture. After all, isn't it about bringing people together?

Anyway, it's probably pointless of me to be arguing with someone like you. I'm black myself and some of you are making us look bad. Also, how do you even know it was a black man that hit her? He might have been white or Asian, the girl never said.

No it's to bring black people together....
Original post by Unkempt_One

This isn't common assault. its abh, sexual assault, battery, malicious wounding. Among other charges that could be pressed
Original post by Fizzel
Look like he could have done some real damage, her eye looks really painful.

I haven't been to Notting Hill Carnival for years now. Nothing like a proper Caribbean carnival, just young black guys getting up to trouble and people selling **** food to drunk white people.

Interesting how I've lived in London all my life but have never been to Notting Hill Carnival before. I thought about maybe going last weekend, but couldn't cos of clashing plans. But maybe it's not worth it anyway if this is the sort of crap that goes on there.
Reply 13
Original post by Fizzel
Look like he could have done some real damage, her eye looks really painful.

I haven't been to Notting Hill Carnival for years now. Nothing like a proper Caribbean carnival, just young black guys getting up to trouble and people selling **** food to drunk white people.

That is such bull, i was there all day sunday everything was ok, the atmosphere was fantastic I went with my whole family and nothing bad happened

Your generalizations are fantastic, the only trouble I saw was 2 white guys trying to prey on young drunk women

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Interesting how I've lived in London all my life but have never been to Notting Hill Carnival before. I thought about maybe going last weekend, but couldn't cos of clashing plans. But maybe it's not worth it anyway if this is the sort of crap that goes on there.
I went a fair bit when I was younger, but its just poor. Its very commercial, way too many tourists for the atmosphere to be organic. The food is just a joke, its rubbish and a rip off. You basically paying £8+ to get ill off some terrible jerk chicken or something.
Reply 15
Notting Hill Carnival has changed so much :no:
What does she expect attending that festival. It's full of ghetto people and low lifes.
Original post by CryptoidAlien
What does she expect attending that festival. It's full of ghetto people and low lifes.

That it is a very harsh, untrue comment. Yeah there were a few thugs looking for trouble, or 'ghetto' people but that doesn't mean that these groups necessarily always commit the crimes or that she should have been subjected to such a horrible assault. Many people who attend are tourists, old people and young people, middle class or working class who just wanted to have genuine fun. I know that you didn't say that ALL the people there were 'low lives' and 'ghetto people' but the fact that you seem to think it is an excuse and are pretty much victim blaming is extremely unfair:frown:
Original post by Mamadousegpa
No it's to bring black people together....

Not this year.
Probably the most whitest carnival there has ever been.
Its changed
Very shocking, however people get attacked for various reasons every day I have been jumped on and given bruised body, black eye etc for just looking weird but if something happens to a woman it gets a little more attention and becomes just about a man attacking a woman more than a thug attacking a random victim,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending