The Student Room Group

Girls , have you ever / would you make a move on a guy ?

So the questions in the title , i'm just wondering whether any girls would ever have the confidence to actually approach a guy they fancied or whether they'd sink into the mentality "If he thinks im worth it he will talk to me" , "if he likes me he will make an effort etc".

I used to be much worse looking but surprisingly confident , I took quite a few rejections off girls and consequently my confidence sank before putting on considerable muscle , revamping wardrobe , taking care of skin and getting a new haircut . Now I get told by everyone I look much better and some have even said I could model but I don't seem to have the confidence to make a move any more .

But anyway back on topic , Girls would you ever make a move ? Or do you just think because he's a guy he automatically should .

Scroll to see replies

i did with my boyfriend now of four years :P we were best friends but leaning towards a couple so one day i kissed him :smile:

i was also the first one to say i love you {:
Reply 2
Original post by hotliketea
i did with my boyfriend now of four years :P we were best friends but leaning towards a couple so one day i kissed him :smile:

Good on you :smile:
Original post by hotliketea

There should be more women like you in the world...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I would if I wanted something more with them. The only reason I wouldn't is to avoid losing them as a friend or making things awkward. But if I liked someone and really wanted to make something of it, then yes.
just say you love them and if they are like wtf.. be like " haha gotcha duh i was joking w/you"

advantages:
saves you embarrassment and saves your ass as well.. killing one bird with 2 stones
it also tells you if that girl/guy likes you.. theres always that chance that girl/guy would have said yes :biggrin:
I went over and introduced myself to my now boyfriend of three and a half years. He was the one who suggested we swap details, although I would have done so if he hadn't got in there first. I also instigated the first kiss (he was being a gentleman and I was feeling impatient!!)

Yes it can happen, yes it should happen more.
I do if I'm getting vibes off someone, otherwise I'm too much of a wuss.
Reply 8
I get a few girls trying to pull me, but then again that's when we're both drunk.. so doesn't count

girlfriend and I of now came together from friends to together, mutually I guess but I was the first to say I like you.. on text... I was a wuss and still am though
(edited 9 years ago)
Both of my previous boyfriends, I approached them.
I did. I got shot down. Never done it since lol.
Only one I approached, but others approached me..
Reply 12
I find that I dont really connect with all that many men as I am looking for something Pacific in personality and a physical connection aswell but I did in a weird unconventional way kind of let someone know once that I was interested in getting to know them once but it didnt work out the way I had hoped for at all. :confused: Even though it was not the out come I had dreamed of I still believe if you want something you should go get it, lifes to short and you never know they could feel the same way :smile:
Not technically. Kind of.

My current fiance was very shy and insecure, he barely spoke when we first met. I wasn't put off and did everything I could to make him feel comfortable (talking a lot and responding positively to him as though I didn't notice how fumbled/quiet he was). I arranged our adventures. He'd say he'd arrange the next meeting then just not. I felt like he was scared of anything he arranged not being good enough rather than not wanting to see me. So I would keep asking, then suggesting options until we finalised all the details (we were long distance).

Everything seemed to work against him. He thought he could afford a festival ticket, only our second meeting, then he couldn't - so I paid for him even though it was expensive and we still didn't know each other well yet (he did pay me back later). Even though I gave him the details, he accidentally got tickets for the wrong days when we were going to the Edinburgh festival. So I found people to sell/give my tickets to and got ones for the days he did instead. Then, he didn't turn up to meet me. For 8 hours I was alone in Edinburgh with no contact (his phone was dead). I felt like I knew him, so I never doubted there would be some crazy explanation (he got on the wrong coach and went to the middle of nowhere first) and reassured him I didn't mind.

Basically, I put in a lot of effort because he was so nervous. If I hadn't, we wouldn't have met up probably - he would have been too scared and thought I wasn't interested enough.
He did have to tell me he liked me first though before I could even begin to realise the depth of my feelings for him, I thought I just liked him as a friend. He said he didn't imagine I felt the same way, but he didn't mind and still wanted to be friends, just wanted to tell me anyway. I talked about every reason a relationship between us might not work and he explained how he didn't see them as obstacles so then I was thinking 'huh, so he does really like me' but didn't think more of it. The next night, we were having a party just the two of us in my room. I was a bit inebirated rolling around on his lap looking up at him and said "Is there anything you want to ask me?", he said 'no?' then I pushed him asking if he was suuure, so he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend. I said "I'm not going to answer right now" because I wasn't sober, "but when I do the answer will be yes".

Sort of a joint thing, we both had to like each other and try to be with each other I suppose. He definitely didn't have to do all the risk-taking.
I don't think guys must make the move but i can never make it :biggrin: I'm sooo diffident.
Original post by Ribbits

My current fiance was very shy and insecure, he barely spoke when we first met. I wasn't put off and did everything I could to make him feel comfortable (talking a lot and responding positively to him as though I didn't notice how fumbled/quiet he was). I arranged our adventures. He'd say he'd arrange the next meeting then just not. I felt like he was scared of anything he arranged not being good enough rather than not wanting to see me. So I would keep asking, then suggesting options until we finalised all the details (we were long distance).

Everything seemed to work against him. He thought he could afford a festival ticket, only our second meeting, then he couldn't - so I paid for him even though it was expensive and we still didn't know each other well yet (he did pay me back later). Even though I gave him the details, he accidentally got tickets for the wrong days when we were going to the Edinburgh festival. So I found people to sell/give my tickets to and got ones for the days he did instead. Then, he didn't turn up to meet me. For 8 hours I was alone in Edinburgh with no contact (his phone was dead). I felt like I knew him, so I never doubted there would be some crazy explanation (he got on the wrong coach and went to the middle of nowhere first) and reassured him I didn't mind.

Basically, I put in a lot of effort because he was so nervous. If I hadn't, we wouldn't have met up probably - he would have been too scared and thought I wasn't interested enough.
He did have to tell me he liked me first though before I could even begin to realise the depth of my feelings for him, I thought I just liked him as a friend. He said he didn't imagine I felt the same way, but he didn't mind and still wanted to be friends, just wanted to tell me anyway. I talked about every reason a relationship between us might not work and he explained how he didn't see them as obstacles so then I was thinking 'huh, so he does really like me' but didn't think more of it. The next night, we were having a party just the two of us in my room. I was a bit inebirated rolling around on his lap looking up at him and said "Is there anything you want to ask me?", he said 'no?' then I pushed him asking if he was suuure, so he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend. I said "I'm not going to answer right now" because I wasn't sober, "but when I do the answer will be yes".

Sort of a joint thing, we both had to like each other and try to be with each other I suppose. He definitely didn't have to do all the risk-taking.

That is freakin' adorable. Please stop that at once.
Original post by Ribbits

You are my hero .

I'm not as unconfident as the guy you've described (i'd imagine he's out of his shell more now ) , but its immensely satisfying seeing a girl who loves a guy put in massive amounts of effort for him when he was unable to do the same , when others would have instantly said "omg forget this he's not worth it etc" .

There should be more people like you in the world , of both sexes.
Original post by news2me
I find that I dont really connect with all that many men as I am looking for something Pacific in personality and a physical connection aswell but I did in a weird unconventional way kind of let someone know once that I was interested in getting to know them once but it didnt work out the way I had hoped for at all. :confused: Even though it was not the out come I had dreamed of I still believe if you want something you should go get it, lifes to short and you never know they could feel the same way :smile:

Pacific personalities ? :biggrin:

Thanks for the advice though
What are you talking about, girls approach guys all the damn time. Just go hang out somewhere where there are lots of girls and look attractive and they will come up to you.
Original post by cole-slaw
What are you talking about, girls approach guys all the damn time. Just go hang out somewhere where there are lots of girls and look attractive and they will come up to you.

Maybe I give off the wrong vibe ? I know sometimes they do , and i've had it happen before but recently my mojo has been off idk . Probably doesn't help that i'm 18 and look about 23 or something .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending