The Student Room Group

No grant?

I have received the letter for the loan which is £3,610 but it doesn't say anything about the grant? I am entitled to it as my parents only earn £18,000. Please help :frown:
Reply 1
Have your parents supplied their financial information to Student Finance? They should have had a letter or email asking for it. If not, then you won't have been income-assessed and you won't get the grant.
Reply 2
Hi, yes.. it was income-assessed. I just rang SF and they said they are still processing my Dad's P60... once it's processed they should send me another letter with the maintenance grant? I hope so anyway...:K: It's just that I have had a few other problems with them before and it's sent me into a panic!

Thanks for replying.
Reply 3
I'll say that I got £7k and my family earn around £25k a year so you should be sat on around 8k maybe even 9k if you are lucky
Original post by TheNote
I'll say that I got £7k and my family earn around £25k a year so you should be sat on around 8k maybe even 9k if you are lucky

The grant system is based around bands of income though £25,000 is the borderline between the band which receives the most and the next band and you can receive a maximum of around £7,000 plus any extra grants offered by the University so OP might only get £7,000.I know Cambridge match the Government Grant(giving you 10k in total) and Warwick give you an additional grant so you get around £9,000 from them not sure about other universities though.
Reply 5
Ive given im my parents evidence in and student finance have receieved my application but on my payments it say scheduled and doesnt include any grant payments is this normal should i be waiting for something else to happen or is that it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending