The Student Room Group

What do I do? Need help making a decision.

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump - any help anyone?
Original post by Livaren
Trying to keep this short. I am undecided what I wanted to do next year. I have just completed A2. I initially wanted to do an internship for a year to give me time to decide on University/Course, but I wasn't able to get onto one, after applying to many.

My A-Levels were Economics, Geography, Computer Science (A*A*A)

I have currently been accepted to do Economics and Management and KCL. I haven't really decided on what I want to do post university, Asset Management appeals to me and I have ambitions of running my own business one day.

Based on this small amount of information, can anyone who read give me advice such as have I made the right decision, or do I take a gap year and reapply for another course you may think I should do?

I am really undecided and need help, any comments would be appreciated.

An Economics and Management degree sounds like a good plan to me if you aim to go into Management, but to be perfectly honest I know next to nothing about this. Hopefully someone else on here will be able to give you more advice.
Reply 3
Original post by LeFailFish
An Economics and Management degree sounds like a good plan to me if you aim to go into Management, but to be perfectly honest I know next to nothing about this. Hopefully someone else on here will be able to give you more advice.

Thanks for your input, really appreciate it.

Unfortunately my post does not seem to be getting much replies.
Reply 4
bump
Reply 5
bump
Reply 6
if you are undecided its best to take a gap year to figure out what you really want to do, besides, you are still young so no rush
Reply 7
Original post by mary3434
if you are undecided its best to take a gap year to figure out what you really want to do, besides, you are still young so no rush

The thing is with a gap year is that, i initially planned to do an internship and thus take the year to also decide, but I couldn't get onto an internship.

Now, I don't have anything planned for the year and don't want to waste a year doing nothing?
Reply 8
I know how you feel, I am currently in the same position. Wasnt sure what to do at university so have taken this year to decide and save up some money for when I do go, its easy to stress about these things but maybe a break from education will make what you want to do become clearer. Just my opinion but I'm sure you will figure it out :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by mary3434
I know how you feel, I am currently in the same position. Wasnt sure what to do at university so have taken this year to decide and save up some money for when I do go, its easy to stress about these things but maybe a break from education will make what you want to do become clearer. Just my opinion but I'm sure you will figure it out :smile:

That's great advice, but I just don't want to spend the year doing nothing.

Do you have anything planned for your gap year?

Quick Reply

Latest