The Student Room Group

What do medical students think of nursing students?

I'm going to be applying for nursing for 2015, and I'm wondering what medical students think of nursing students.
The real question is what do the nursing students think of them! :tongue:
Reply 2
Bump.
Original post by Pectorac
I'm going to be applying for nursing for 2015, and I'm wondering what medical students think of nursing students.

What do you mean exactly?
Not all medical students will have the same view with regards to nursing students.
Reply 4
Original post by plasmaman
What do you mean exactly?
Not all medical students will have the same view with regards to nursing students.

Well, in general. Do they respect them, do they think they're idiots, intelligent, etc?
Reply 5
They are little bitches, that's what :P
I have no specific thoughts - what were you expecting, out of interest?

Sadly life isn't a Carry On film - I have yet to get off with any in the Doctor's Mess, though who knows what the future might bring :colone:
My friends are doing nursing and I'm doing medicine. I don't think they are less intelligent than me... infact we received the same A-level grades. The course you do doesn't determine your intelligence. And I appreciate nurses...after all doctors wouldn't be able to function without them.
Oh I'll tell you one thing though, I do rather envy how they seem to be much more "included" as a part of the nursing team by their seniors or whoever is supervising them. Whereas medical students are often left hanging around because the doctors are too busy to teach or to give us jobs to do.

Also, medical students seem way more neurotic/obsessive about their work - I've never met a nursing student who gave off the impression of being a workaholic. Medical students on the other hand...
Considering how important nurses are and the job they do I respect them very much. Don't think anyone else doesn't think the same unless they're a massive **** lol. I've been on nursing shifts as part of my course and honestly hats off to you guys.
i think they're generally very hard working, but it annoys me how MOST think med students are stuck up
Student nurses are usually very helpful. Because they tend to stick in one place for longer than we do, they know where to find everything and all the ins and outs of that ward. If they're up for a bit of a chuckle (read: flirt) along the way, all the better.

Where I am, we tend not to see much of them unfortunately. We train at different universities and on the wards med students tend to float in and about all over so it's difficult to establish working relationships with anyone.

But generally, I've not had any bad experiences and have no reason to think they would be less intelligent or less deserving of respect!
Probably as an easy shag
Reply 14
Nursing students are given a lot of responsibility, sometimes I confuse them for staff nurses, even despite the uniform. They always seem to know what they're doing and just get on with their work. From my experience, they've always been polite and helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending