The Student Room Group

advice needed - any you can give is greatly appreciated!!

hi everyone, i have just got into college to re-do my maths and biology GCSEs to bring them up to above C's (all other subjects studied for my GCSE's i got B's in) so that i can further my education to hopefully go on to become a midwife! Anyone that has gone down the midwifery path, i would love to hear about your journey! what grades did you get? what A-levels did you do? ETC! i have researched the criteria needed to get into my local uni (i cant go anywhere else as i have a family and cannot uproute!) the path i was hoping to follow after completing my GCSE re-takes would be to go on to do A-Levels in both maths and biology (i'd rather do human biology but this is not available at the college i need to go to.. will this course choice make a difference?!) and maybe psychology? I need an a-level in at least 1 science and on the uni criteria it said maths is an advantage.. so ive covered that with the biology and maths but if anyone thinks a different third choice rather than psychology would be better please share your suggestions with me! i know and appreciate that i have a long path ahead of me (and whilst bringing up a toddler!) but i have ambitions like any and everybody else and would love to hear any advice anyone may have to help me reach my goals!
why don't you do an Access course instead of A Levels. Do you think maths A Level is a good idea if you're retaking it at GCSE level?
I have only looked at nursing courses myself, but I'd agree that maths probably isn't essential. If you were to take A Levels instead of access to HE, psychology and biology should stand you in good stead, and then pick a third subject that you would enjoy :smile:
Reply 3
An access course would be better for you in my opinion, it prepares you for university so I'm told hehe...

I've just done one can you tell?

Quick Reply

Latest