The Student Room Group

Maths a2 argghhhh

Does anyone know any good YouTube channels or revision sources or tips for a2. Maths
Particularly c3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cchocolate
Does anyone know any good YouTube channels or revision sources or tips for a2. Maths
Particularly c3

what exam board?
I did edexcel, for me examsolutions.net was a gift from heaven. I also did all the solomon papers on xtremepapers (http://papers.xtremepapers.com/Edexcel/Advanced%20Level/Mathematics/Subject%20Sorted/C3/Solomon/)

Honestly if you understand this then you're set!
Reply 2
Original post by R Dragon
what exam board?
I did edexcel, for me examsolutions.net was a gift from heaven. I also did all the solomon papers on xtremepapers (http://papers.xtremepapers.com/Edexcel/Advanced%20Level/Mathematics/Subject%20Sorted/C3/Solomon/)

Honestly if you understand this then you're set!

Yep edexcel
im just a bit worried because I didn't get that great in as and need. A overall:eek: but aren't Solomon papers really really really hard?:s-smilie:
Yep edexcel
im just a bit worried because I didn't get that great in as and need. A overall:eek: but aren't Solomon papers really really really hard?:s-smilie:

It depends on what you're used to. I finished all the solomon papers (for all modules) before even looking at the usual papers so I found the normal papers extremely challenging at first because it was a different style of questioning etc. For instance, in a normal paper they wouldn't give you the basic information in a clear layout, but you'll have to deduct it from context.

Which is why I find solomon so simple! Because they spoon feed you all the prerequisites to answer the question, so you just focus on the method.

I guess it's just a matter of what you're used to xD

Aw dw, I'm sure you'll do well :3 you have plenty of time. Feel free to pm me any C3/C4/S2 related questions, as they're still fresh in my head :P
Reply 4
It depends on what you're used to. I finished all the solomon papers (for all modules) before even looking at the usual papers so I found the normal papers extremely challenging at first because it was a different style of questioning etc. For instance, in a normal paper they wouldn't give you the basic information in a clear layout, but you'll have to deduct it from context.

Which is why I find solomon so simple! Because they spoon feed you all the prerequisites to answer the question, so you just focus on the method.

I guess it's just a matter of what you're used to xD

Aw dw, I'm sure you'll do well :3 you have plenty of time. Feel free to pm me any C3/C4/S2 related questions, as they're still fresh in my head :P

Aww thanks that'd be really helpful
i was hoping for an a this year but got a c:eek:
im gonna resit a few papers
so you wouldn't mind if I had an exam question to ask for help?

s2 is that further maths:smile:
Aww thanks that'd be really helpful
i was hoping for an a this year but got a c:eek:
im gonna resit a few papers
so you wouldn't mind if I had an exam question to ask for help?

s2 is that further maths:smile:

Hmm, a C is still a good grade so well done, and I think an A is totally achievable :3

"I'm gonna resit a few papers" careful on the amount, cause A2s can be challenging, so you might be torn for time in the summer~

I would love to help^^ Besides, I haven't been doing anything productive with my holiday so far XD

You can take S2 at A2 maths or further AS maths :smile:
I took maths for A2 and AS. What additional module are you doing?
Reply 6
Particularly c3

Hegarty maths. Exam solutions.
Reply 7
Hmm, a C is still a good grade so well done, and I think an A is totally achievable :3

"I'm gonna resit a few papers" careful on the amount, cause A2s can be challenging, so you might be torn for time in the summer~

I would love to help^^ Besides, I haven't been doing anything productive with my holiday so far XD

You can take S2 at A2 maths or further AS maths :smile:
I took maths for A2 and AS. What additional module are you doing?

Thanks I was actually thinking of resisting all of them cos I did bad in c2 and s1 and c1 would be easy to get more marks than I got but I'm guessing that's a bad idea erm gonna do m1 next year argh:s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by zzaacc
Hegarty maths. Exam solutions.

Thanks both youtube channels right?
Reply 9
Thanks both youtube channels right?

Yep but both have websites which are easier to navigate :smile:
Thanks I was actually thinking of resisting all of them cos I did bad in c2 and s1 and c1 would be easy to get more marks than I got but I'm guessing that's a bad idea erm gonna do m1 next year argh:s-smilie:

I see, but I don't think that's a good idea... A2 is much more difficult than AS, so the more modules you resit the less time you'll be able to spend on your A2's.

Also, let's say you resit and increase a module's ums by 10, you could just focus more on A2s and increase them by the same amount?

wut O_O you're gonna do M1 next year??!? So what maths modules did you do this year?
Reply 11
I see, but I don't think that's a good idea... A2 is much more difficult than AS, so the more modules you resit the less time you'll be able to spend on your A2's.

Also, let's say you resit and increase a module's ums by 10, you could just focus more on A2s and increase them by the same amount?

wut O_O you're gonna do M1 next year??!? So what maths modules did you do this year?

Yeah that makes sense
i know right m1 is gonna be horrible
c1 c2 and s1 we started c3 after exams and it already seems horrible:confused:
Yeah that makes sense

Nononono, don't do M1, I'd recommend (strongly) doing S2 next year, it's 10x easier than S1.

I got a C in S1 last year, got almost 100% in S2 this year... (A overall)
The questions are SO repetitive, and require almost no knowledge of S1. Pls reconsider taking M1 if possible... or talk to your teachers if you can?
examsolutions.co.uk
Reply 14
Nononono, don't do M1, I'd recommend (strongly) doing S2 next year, it's 10x easier than S1.

I got a C in S1 last year, got almost 100% in S2 this year... (A overall)
The questions are SO repetitive, and require almost no knowledge of S1. Pls reconsider taking M1 if possible... or talk to your teachers if you can?

Lol we can't choose the whole. Sixth form does m1 :frown:
im rubbish at physics too
Lol we can't choose the whole. Sixth form does m1 :frown:
im rubbish at physics too

WAH! Stupid sixthform, that's so unfair, students should have the right to decide ;_;

our sixthform even offered D1 XDD

But dw, M1 will help with one of the topics in C4 called vectors
tbh I suck at Maths but still managed a decent grade. Got a B at GCSE but managed a B at A level, which is pretty decent as even people with A* at GCSE often end up with Cs or Ds.

I just used www.examsolutions.net and www.m4ths.com. The first is good for concept and the second is good for preparation and summarising.

For C3 I did all of the Edexcel papers and then like 3 Solomon papers. For C4 I I kind of neglected it and saved my self with the second website. By saved myself I mean I got a C for it (Other unitis were all As and Bs).

Best advice is to do past papers and be confident with them. Papers papers papers.

:smile:
Yeah that makes sense

I managed 78% in this year's M1 paper (which was hard) and I really (almost solely) just used videos on the two websites I listed. Watch the videos and then do M1 papers. I think I did all of the ones on the Edexcel website with the exception of 2.
Reply 18
WAH! Stupid sixthform, that's so unfair, students should have the right to decide ;_;

our sixthform even offered D1 XDD

But dw, M1 will help with one of the topics in C4 called vectors

Ikr that's a positive at least lol
do you mind me asking what you got in as and a2
Reply 19
Original post by eagleclawsan
I managed 78% in this year's M1 paper (which was hard) and I really (almost solely) just used videos on the two websites I listed. Watch the videos and then do M1 papers. I think I did all of the ones on the Edexcel website with the exception of 2.

Wow that's great
thanks
do you mind me asking what you got in other exams ie core

Quick Reply

Latest