The Student Room Group

Quality or quantity with take away?

I have found a small town 2 miles from my home that has a cheap town centre, cheap butcher and in side streets dirt cheap takeaways.

Found one that does the best pizza ever, paid £4.50 for a 12 inch cheese and onion pizza soaked in cheese, with a soft base that looks like a pie.

Fish and chips is like £4.50.

Across the road is another chip shop that you can get a 7 inch pizza with chips and can for £2.50, or a 10 inch pizza with chips, garlic bread, veg pakora and can for £3.95

The chips there are amazing, pakora is generic, pizza is good when you get the 7 inch one but average when you get a 12 inch one. fish and chips there is £3 and amazing.

With pizza I am very picky and only this one take away has the pizza I have liked in years as it has so much cheese the whole thing is yellow and you cant see the toppings and the base soft not crunchy like a frozen pizza you put in oven.
When it comes to food I always go for quality over quantity. Not that keen on eating junk.
Quality.

I love a good takeaway night, but I can't deal with the feeling of so much greasy food sitting in the pit of my stomach/ the aftertaste.

There's a thai takeaway near me where you turn up, order, sit and watch her cook it and then take it away :biggrin: It's bloody delicious :drool:
Quality

When I was at uni, I ordered this curry from a curry house because I was dying for a curry, let me say, the curries in Bristol are NOTHING like the curries in London, at least not the restaurant I went to AND it had good ratings!

That was the thinnest curry I've ever tasted...
Reply 4
Original post by Scienceisgood
Quality

When I was at uni, I ordered this curry from a curry house because I was dying for a curry, let me say, the curries in Bristol are NOTHING like the curries in London, at least not the restaurant I went to AND it had good ratings!

That was the thinnest curry I've ever tasted...

Same for me, in my home town no matter what Chinese takeaway I went to I got an amazing quality one cheap, sure there was variations i.e some curry tasted richer than others, one put beansprouts in the curry, another put carrots and peats but all of them were so good that no matter the 5 or 6 different towns I have lived in only now have I found ONE chinese takeaway where I can get a quality one(to me if they use plastic containers its bad quality, maybe as the plastic mixes with the food?)

And also in my home town its just about the only place I like kebabs from, I used to order a king donner(imagine a giant wrap) quality was perfect and unlike most naans you can reheat it without it drying out, it was cheap and good, another place put real chillis into kebabs and great sauce(like ground up tomato with spice) another did the most amazing curries it was so good that I cant find a single bad takeaway in that town, even the "bad ones" are better than the best ones everywhere else I have been.

When I first went to college I did find a town that did amazing kebabs in the town centre area for cheap i.e with chips and can for £3(£4 now as this was 10 years ago) and was so good, chinese is better than anywhere but my home town etc.

Seems to just vary by region, the worst chips I ever had were in Scarborough as every take away I went to used cheap supermarket fries that went cold quickly and when reheating dried out.

Quick Reply

Latest