The Student Room Group

Does the NHS See where you Went to University when Applying to be a Doctor?

Hi guys!,

I read somewhere that said that when you apply for jobs as a doctor, the employer would not be able to see where you completed your degree at. Is this true or not?

If it is true, is there any where websites which you can link me to please confirming it. Thank you! :biggrin:
Except for foundation posts, all other interviews ask for medical certificates. No one really cares where you went tbh, they look for other things. You can look any doctor on the gmc website to find out where they graduated from so it isn't a secret.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Revenged
Except for foundation posts, all other interviews ask for medical certificates. No one really cares where you went tbh, they look for other things. You can look any doctor on the gmc website to find out where they graduated from so it isn't a secret.

Hi, thanks for the reply!

So only for foundation posts they do not know which university you completed your degree at?
Do you have any website you can link me to outlining this? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Ī˜Theta
Hi, thanks for the reply!

So only for foundation posts they do not know which university you completed your degree at?
Do you have any website you can link me to outlining this? Thanks! :smile:

it's a points based system so it makes no odds.. if anything, it might be easier to get more points at 'less academic' institutions [citation needed] - but in reality it probably makes little difference.
You apply for f1 jobs via FPAS. Google it - it explains the points system etc, which does not include university.
I mean I'm no expert here but surely you'd have to put where you studied on your CV as well?
Original post by LouieSax
I mean I'm no expert here but surely you'd have to put where you studied on your CV as well?

You apply for FY1 via FPAS. Its a bit like UCAS but without the personal statement. There is no CV involved.

After that, the main criteria will be your postgraduate work, not med school.

Quick Reply

Latest