The Student Room Group

What do I need to prepare for uni?

So I'm going to uni soon and I have no idea what to do beforehand.. I'm kind of dreading it so tried to keep it at the back of my mind. My course starts in October, does that mean freshers is a week before and if so, does that mean my accommodation should be sorted before that? (I already submitted my top 3 accommodation choices)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it.
Reply 1
Condoms, trust me you'll get laid everyday in freshers
Reply 3
Original post by bertstare
Condoms, trust me you'll get laid everyday in freshers

Cambridge freshers?? U sure? Im also kinda ugly 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Nothing, first year of Uni is easy just have a good time
Original post by Kabulkid
Cambridge freshers?? U sure? Im also kinda ugly 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just joking. But don't tell yourself that you're ugly, thats a ****ty attitude
Reply 6
Original post by bertstare
I'm just joking. But don't tell yourself that you're ugly, thats a ****ty attitude

well others have told me im ugly and im just reiterating their stance on my bodily features.
Reply 7
... cmon keds
Reply 8
Original post by Kabulkid
So I'm going to uni soon and I have no idea what to do beforehand.. I'm kind of dreading it so tried to keep it at the back of my mind. My course starts in October, does that mean freshers is a week before and if so, does that mean my accommodation should be sorted before that? (I already submitted my top 3 accommodation choices)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it.

If Cambridge University accepted you I'm sure you can think what you need to do. If you don't then contact your future college at the university and ask. I've already sorted accommodation, paid the first instalment and sorted my university card. I've still got a few things to do. Be pro-active. Find things out.
Reply 9
Original post by shaw16
If Cambridge University accepted you I'm sure you can think what you need to do. If you don't then contact your future college at the university and ask. I've already sorted accommodation, paid the first instalment and sorted my university card. I've still got a few things to do. Be pro-active. Find things out.

i was spoon fed throughout my whole educational career, i can't think for myself tbh.. need someone to do the work.

lol jk, but it's a bit weird if i call them and be like... uhh what do i do basically?
Reply 10
There's loads of articles on TSR telling you exactly what to take to with you to uni, what to buy, what certain universities are like (Cambridge for example). Cmon man, how can you be going to Cambridge and not take the initiative?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by HeavyTeddy
There's loads of articles on TSR telling you exactly what to take to with you to uni, what to buy, what certain universities are like (Cambridge for example). Cmon man, how can you be going to Cambridge and not take the initiative?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk i guess im dumb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remember, bring booze. People are always easier to talk to after a couple of pints.

Quick Reply

Latest