The Student Room Group

Can't Sleep, Major Deadline

Can't sleep, my uni major deadline is tomorrow.

No, not out of anxiety, but because of my parents who have apparently decided to choose this morning - specifically 3am - to start having tantrums with each other, screaming and slamming.

2 hours on, and it looks like I'm in for the long haul.

Some people can be so inconsiderate.

Scroll to see replies

Are you alright though?
Me is here too if you want someone to listen :h:
Reply 3
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Are you alright though?

Original post by MyName??!
Me is here too if you want someone to listen :h:

Thanks guys :smile: I really wasn't worried, but I was counting on getting a good nights sleep so I could dedicate the day to concentrating on my work and making sure its perfect. I'm bloody knackered. Just pissed off if anything.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by XMaramena
Thanks guys :smile: I really wasn't worried, but I was counting on getting a good nights sleep so I could dedicate the day to concentrating on my work and making sure its perfect. I'm bloody knackered. Just pissed off if anything.

:console: Is it finished? And what time's the deadline?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
:console: Is it finished? And what time's the deadline?

No it's not finished, I needed to dedicate tomorrow - today - to work on it. It's due at 6pm on friday, but I need to be there at 10-11am to start submitting it because the file will take a few hours to copy over.
No it's not finished, I needed to dedicate tomorrow - today - to work on it. It's due at 6pm on friday, but I need to be there at 10-11am to start submitting it because the file will take a few hours to copy over.

Anywhere near finished? O.O

And how about taking a morning walk? If you find that you won't wake up feeling any better, say if you take a nap.. How about taking a half hour chill in the morning? Its really nice and peaceful, plus it's quite. Just allow the air through your hair :h:
Ah try and get some sleep, even if its just a short nap, and you'll feel more focused afterwards, hope you can nail your assignment
Reply 8
Anywhere near finished? O.O

And how about taking a morning walk? If you find that you won't wake up feeling any better, say if you take a nap.. How about taking a half hour chill in the morning? Its really nice and peaceful, plus it's quite. Just allow the air through your hair :h:

Sure, it's nearly done, but needs those finishing touches where you just have to spend a day making sure it's perfect.

Good idea, but far too tired. My eyes are drooping, I'm just being kept up by random bangs and shouts.
Reply 9
Original post by sunnydespair
Ah try and get some sleep, even if its just a short nap, and you'll feel more focused afterwards, hope you can nail your assignment

Lol no chance of that, they're still going!
Sure, it's nearly done, but needs those finishing touches where you just have to spend a day making sure it's perfect.

Good idea, but far too tired. My eyes are drooping, I'm just being kept up by random bangs and shouts.

:console: that must be really hard on you.. O.O

How about listening to something?
Reply 11
:console: that must be really hard on you.. O.O

How about listening to something?

:P one of the pitfalls of being an composer and audio producer, I've spent my whole life training myself to listen to everything at the same time. On one hand, I can hear things other people can't. On the other hand, I end up listening to things even when I don't want to or try to block them out with something LOL :P
:P one of the pitfalls of being an composer and audio producer, I've spent my whole life training myself to listen to everything at the same time. On one hand, I can hear things other people can't. On the other hand, I end up listening to things even when I don't want to or try to block them out with something LOL :P

Interesting... What kind of music do you compose
And really you should be working on that assignment lad...
Reply 13
Interesting... What kind of music do you compose
And really you should be working on that assignment lad...

Mostly scoring for film and games. I've made the mistake of trying to do coursework in this state before. I read it again after I'd handed it in and it made no sense whatsoever :P I think I even mentioned sausages... I don't even eat sausages.
Reply 14
Mum's packed her bags and gone!

Time for asleepyness. Finally.
Mostly scoring for film and games. I've made the mistake of trying to do coursework in this state before. I read it again after I'd handed it in and it made no sense whatsoever :P I think I even mentioned sausages... I don't even eat sausages.

Cool. That sounds really exciting
Is there any inspiration? Like how do you get your ideas and that? Just being nosy :tongue: I don't really compose or such but I love listening to soundtracks I like from anime and that...

And you don't like sausages..? =.=

And what course do you do? What's the assignment about?

Yeah... I am wayyy too nosy lol (:
Mum's packed her bags and gone!

Time for asleepyness. Finally.

Sleep well :h:
Reply 17
Cool. That sounds really exciting
Is there any inspiration? Like how do you get your ideas and that? Just being nosy :tongue: I don't really compose or such but I love listening to soundtracks I like from anime and that...

And you don't like sausages..? =.=

And what course do you do? What's the assignment about?

Yeah... I am wayyy too nosy lol (:

Just comes to me, don't know where from, don't know how, always just been that way.

I don't eat meat.

I study Audio Production, it's my major project before (hopefully) graduating - I've rescored Skyrim.
Just comes to me, don't know where from, don't know how, always just been that way.

I don't eat meat.

I study Audio Production, it's my major project before (hopefully) graduating - I've rescored Skyrim.

Gifted and talented :tongue:

And oh Ok

And good luck bro!
Reply 19
Oh christ they've started again.

Quick Reply

Latest