The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow - does it attract a lot of exchange students?

Hi there

I want to go on exchange to a very culturally diverse city, with lots of hot tourist birds studying from around the world. :wink:

London's obviously a no brainer but I don't wanna go there. Next option is Glasgow so I thought I'd get some thoughts regarding this. Love the city, but I have no idea what its like from an international student perspective.

other options I have are:

Leeds
Sheffield

I assume Glasgow's more attractive to exchange students than them but feel free to prove me wrong! How does glasgow fair on this front?

Cheers

C
Original post by Contingent
Hi there

I want to go on exchange to a very culturally diverse city, with lots of hot tourist birds studying from around the world. :wink:

London's obviously a no brainer but I don't wanna go there. Next option is Glasgow so I thought I'd get some thoughts regarding this. Love the city, but I have no idea what its like from an international student perspective.

other options I have are:

Leeds
Sheffield

I assume Glasgow's more attractive to exchange students than them but feel free to prove me wrong! How does glasgow fair on this front?

Cheers

C

I don't know about exact statistics but Glasgow does seem to have a large population of international students - be they postgrads or exchange students. I'd imagine this is partly to do with Glasgow being a 4 year undergrad course. It seems more convenient for students to go abroad in third year of a four year degree than second year of a three year degree (which you'd take at an English university like Leeds/Sheff). Alongside the usual Erasmus program, the university is part of Universitas 21 which is a network of research universities across the world that promotes exchanges between both staff and students.

Also, keep in mind that EU students get their education for free in Scotland, so this naturally attracts a large amount of students from the continent to study here. So, all in all, the university has a diverse student population.
(edited 9 years ago)
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending