The Student Room Group

Can I make love and marry my sister's husband's brother?

I think I've got a crush with my sister's husband's bro.
As we are not blood related and became a family by my sister marrying her husband(eldest of the family).
Is it wrong to marry my sister's husband's bro?
He's really a nice boy, silent and handsome. He's the third child in their family but not the youngest, just like as I'm the third but, youngest. Anyways I'm just wandering if it's possible to make love now and marry him later after I complete studies?
We both haven't met in person yet, as my sister is going to get married to her husband next year. This boy will arrive from abroad for participating in his bro's and my sis wedding. So, I thought I could start from there. I heard that the boy was good and as my sis and her future brother-in-law, (the one I like).

Actually, this boy I like and another bro of his arrived from abroad to the native country where their parents and we are residing at. They visited our place. I didn't come out of my room as I felt some shy and scared lol. But, it's better I thought now as I was not dressed well that time and looked really ordinary.

After some days, my mom said this boy was silent when he came to our house. He was looking at the pictures on the wall. You know what? My mom again said, he kept looking at my picture continuously after looking at my other family picts hanging on the walls. This hints that maybe he likes me? My mom said if their parents say yes to me and this boy it would be good as he's very nice looking and is well educated. He graduated medicine abroad. I will complete my studies by the end of two and a half years.

I guess sometimes, his parents will keep him for sometime while I think I can complete my studies by then. His parents think like that maybe, (just my assumption) for earning to pay for the younger bro's uni fees as to help them and their parents.

The only freaky thingy is the elders actually tell only one person can marry a person in one family which means if my sister marries her husband, I can't go into that family.
It really takes me off. I don't want to go into a separate family and live with no contact with my sisters. That's also why I thought I want to get into this family.

Is it wrong from my situation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1) It's a little far fetched to be thinking of marrying someone when you've never even met them before. No, it's not wrong, but just take it slow okay? When you get talking, you might not even like him. At all.

2) The hell is an elder? And why does he/she have any bearing on who you want to marry? If they're not related to you, they can't make decisions for your future.
Original post by Another

2) The hell is an elder? And why does he/she have any bearing on who you want to marry? If they're not related to you, they can't make decisions for your future.

Erm sometimes this Elder do make the decision regarding marriage because of cultural or religious reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's nothing wrong with it at all. But wait till you meet the guy!
Original post by donutaud15
Erm sometimes this Elder do make the decision regarding marriage because of cultural or religious reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The point is that they shouldn't though!
And how old are you? I find it weird you call him 'boy'.

Anyway I can't believe a word of this story. You lost me at "we both haven't met in person yet".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joker12345
The point is that they shouldn't though!

Shouldn't but likely would.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes marry him quickly before he is able to get a restraining order.
strong cereal killer
Reply 9
You've never even met him, how can you want to marry him.. :confused:
And no, its not wrong.
You're Asian aren't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A321
You've never even met him, how can you want to marry him.. :confused:
And no, its not wrong.
You're Asian aren't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep I am Asian.
I haven't seen him in person.
But as I heard that he has a good person, very responsible as his family says and my family heard that he's a very goodnatured person. My family has seen him.
Original post by thisistheend
I call trollolollol

Been watching too much about Mormons, Hamish etc on TV little miss??

I don't watch TV serials tbh.
Original post by yennibubs
And how old are you? I find it weird you call him 'boy'.

Anyway I can't believe a word of this story. You lost me at "we both haven't met in person yet".

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen him on my sister's fb when she showed me his picts.
I'm 18 and he's 24.
My sister and mother saw him in person at our house. The only thing is I didn't come out of the room to the hall to see him. But, there was complete silence from him. The other bro was just speaking with my sis. I couldn't see this guy I like as he was seated in the sofa which was not visible straight to me.The person seated straight from my room was only his bro.
Original post by De Chirico
Yes marry him quickly before he is able to get a restraining order.

what?
Original post by joker12345
There's nothing wrong with it at all. But wait till you meet the guy!

yea will be. How would I approach him is what I always think of?
You don't even know if he likes you. You've never even seen the guy in person and you want to marry him? Thats the problem not that your sister married his brother.
Original post by Another
1) It's a little far fetched to be thinking of marrying someone when you've never even met them before. No, it's not wrong, but just take it slow okay? When you get talking, you might not even like him. At all.

okay
Will see with your point. Let's see i have to talk as well

What are you trying to say in 2) Who are you mentioning btw?
Original post by JohnDoe19
You don't even know if he likes you. You've never even seen the guy in person and you want to marry him? Thats the problem not that your sister married his brother.

yea I don't know. That's why I have to talk to see if he gets interested with me as well. No forcing him. Just an interest, that's why I wanted to ask him. I know I can't ask hi directly but, yea let's see. Faith plays all!
Reply 18
If you're Hindu/Sikh then it's like marrying your own brother so it would seem weird.
I think you're Muslim it's fine though, go for it :smile:
Original post by TheBBQ
If you're Hindu/Sikh then it's like marrying your own brother so it would seem weird.
I think you're Muslim it's fine though, go for it :smile:

I am a hindu and he's not called my brother!
Only my sister's husband is what I have to call my brother-in-law.
The brothers of my sister's husband are not brothers for me but only for my sister as by law and for her husband from birth.

Latest

Trending

Trending