The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Freshers Wristbands

Just wondering which wristbands everyone is getting, and which ones are the best? I bought the £60 one from the students union but other people have been posting on the Facebook page saying they've bought other ones so I'm confused, do i need to/should i buy them all?
Mine only cost £15 :s-smilie:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
I've only bought the official £60 one, think I'll leave the rest until I get there. From Facebook comments from second years on the Freshers pages, the vast majority of people get the official one and it's best to just wait it out for the others.

I hope it's like that, I'd rather not spend any more money on wristbands or I'll have no money left for drinks at said events! :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by MTennison
I've only bought the official £60 one, think I'll leave the rest until I get there. From Facebook comments from second years on the Freshers pages, the vast majority of people get the official one and it's best to just wait it out for the others.

I hope it's like that, I'd rather not spend any more money on wristbands or I'll have no money left for drinks at said events! :tongue:

Ah okay that's a relief! You got your accommodation yet? And what you studying? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by charley_b
Ah okay that's a relief! You got your accommodation yet? And what you studying? :smile:

Yep, Wansbeck House, Eustace Percy Hall, Castle Leazes. I haven't found anyone in Wansbeck yet though :frown:. And Computer Science! How about you?
Reply 5
Original post by MTennison
Yep, Wansbeck House, Eustace Percy Hall, Castle Leazes. I haven't found anyone in Wansbeck yet though :frown:. And Computer Science! How about you?

I'm in Eustace Percy too :smile: Aln house though, me neither don't worry! maybe people in our flats just aren't bothered enough to search online for their flatmates hahah. Psychology :biggrin:
The students union one is the official one :smile: Don't know what the others are!
Reply 7
The official one is the one you bought. The others include the lowercase wristband which allows you to get into some of their own events but not the ones organised by the student union. I have a friend who's studying at Newcastle and he said that most people buy the official one. No point buying other wristbands since a lot of the events will clash! Although if you're desperate to go to one of the other events in particular you can always buy a ticket for it.
Reply 8
Hi can you buy the official one when you get there or do you have to do it before ??
Reply 9
Original post by CJay90
Hi can you buy the official one when you get there or do you have to do it before ??

I think you buy it online then pick it up when you get there and show your confirmation email for buying it. You can probably buy it there too but it might sell out!
http://www.nusu.co.uk/ents/event/350/ that's the official NUSU one for £60 :smile: Also in Eustace Percy hall, but Tweed house - haven't found anyone else either :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by charley_b
I think you buy it online then pick it up when you get there and show your confirmation email for buying it. You can probably buy it there too but it might sell out!

Ah thanks ill have a think. . . Not sure if ill bother. . Leave it to the youngsters :-D lol
For all of you who have bought a wristband, are you going to freshers week alone, or with people you know? I'm contemplating going as I'd be going by myself and wouldn't know anyone....
Original post by AJ Watson
For all of you who have bought a wristband, are you going to freshers week alone, or with people you know? I'm contemplating going as I'd be going by myself and wouldn't know anyone....

I'm going alone cause' I'm living at home so I wouldn't know anyone yet.
Original post by Crunchies
I'm going alone cause' I'm living at home so I wouldn't know anyone yet.

Im also living at home, that's reassuring I guess haha :smile:
Reply 15
I've bought the official one from the SU, from the looks of things it's gonna be well worth it. :smile: The lowercase one doesn't really save you much even if you go to all of the events, so I might just pay at the door if I end up wanting to go to any of those events.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending