The Student Room Group

As results were really bad , thiknking of retaking the year

I didn't get the results i was hoping for in a/s and as such have come to the conclusion that retaking the year might be the best option for me( i got d in bio d in psych d in eng lit and a u in chem) . However
i was wondering if i would be allowed to resit the year and do most of the same a-levels and the one i wish to do the most is chemistry the a/s i got a u in .would colleges allow me to resit the year and redo chem ?
Original post by pluviophile
I didn't get the results i was hoping for in a/s and as such have come to the conclusion that retaking the year might be the best option for me( i got d in bio d in psych d in eng lit and a u in chem) . However
i was wondering if i would be allowed to resit the year and do most of the same a-levels and the one i wish to do the most is chemistry the a/s i got a u in .would colleges allow me to resit the year and redo chem ?

This really is dependant on which college you went to - some may allow you to retake these, others may not. The best option is to ring up the college(s) you were hoping to go to and ask them directly as they will be able to give a yes or no answer to you from them....

Sorry I wasn't much help with answering the question, but I hope that helps find out the answer!
Unless you want to do medicine, is it really necessary to retake the year? I'm sure with resits and some major hard-work next year you could get at least BCC, maybe even BBB not being totally impossible.

Quick Reply

Latest