The Student Room Group

Help with a fouth A level?

Im currently finalising courses for A level and i have decided to do biology,physics and history. Any ideas for a fourth A level (maths is out of the question and im not too fond of english)?
Reply 1
Original post by AmmanK1
Im currently finalising courses for A level and i have decided to do biology,physics and history. Any ideas for a fourth A level (maths is out of the question and im not too fond of english)?

What sort of career are you looking to get into?
Reply 2
Think of one which you know you would defo pass at and love to study at. Don't go choosing harder ones and waste time at studies
Reply 3
Also, when picking make sure it's a subject that your are
1. Good at so you can get a good score
2. Enjoy [or don't really really hate] so you can spend the time without regretting this subject!

maybe econ or business?
What about taking a language? :h:
Reply 5
Original post by tal_08
What sort of career are you looking to get into?

Dont have a clue
Reply 7
Original post by AlphaNick
It all depends on what you want to do in the future. I wouldn't be so dismissive of maths, but if not, chemistry? Seriously what do you want to do at youni?

I would ideally would pick maths but it is probably my weakest subject and with chemisty i dont think i would be able to cope with the workload
Reply 8
Original post by AmmanK1
Dont have a clue

That's ok, do you have a careers advisor at school you could talk to? If not it maybe a good idea to look at my last post and pick a subject according to that criteria! Remember you can always change that subject at the start of AS [like max 2-3 weeks in]

good luck!
Definitely don't do a language, they're way more difficult at A-Level compared to GCSE. Economics is a strong subject that isn't too difficult to get a good grade in. Although, if you're picking Physics and Biology, this may be a bad pairing. Psychology/Sociology?
Reply 10
Original post by Mr.Econometrics
Definitely don't do a language, they're way more difficult at A-Level compared to GCSE. Economics is a strong subject that isn't too difficult to get a good grade in. Although, if you're picking Physics and Biology, this may be a bad pairing. Psychology/Sociology?

yh i was thinking bio and phys where a bad mix so maybe trade phys for chem?
My most important advice to anyone choosing a career is that at 16 if you know what you want to do then you can choose specific A Levels that will really help your ambitions.

The EPQ then supports your ambitions as to why you chose these subjects and that you know something about the subject and that you have the potential to succeed.

Something you will learn is that mathematics is everything in one way or another.

If you wanted to do science then do: Bio, Chem, Math, Phys.

Those subjects although would be good if you did well in them at A Level if you wanted to do Economics or History then studying relevant subjects is key.

Quick Reply

Latest